Oakland vs Beacon Hill, VA Homeschool

ttitan27

There is no doubt that at the present time most everyone considers Oakland the best high school football team in Tennessee.  Very few teams including Maryville want to play Oakland in a regular season game.  Oakland could have a competitive with some of the private schools such as CPA, Lipscomb, MBA or McCallie but who knows if Oakland reached out to one of the top D2 schools.  

10 hours ago, pepvol said:

There's a Zillion Good teams within 50 miles of Oakland , I was commenting how it Amazes me that Oakland doesn't have a bunch of Teams wanting to play them ... I would think the same thing in East Tennessee about Teams wanting to Play Maryville . Maryville and Alcoa neither one would be what they are without each other . Every year Players from both teams work their butts off so they can Win this Game ... in other words the level of Competition has made both better . I think Maryville has had a little bit to do with Oakland being what they are now too . Oakland is also Pushing Maryville to get better too . Coaches should clearly see this and welcome playing the best Teams . 

I agree with all that.  The competition has been great.   The teams play fundamental football and the fans are passionate about their team.  Hope to see you at the end of November. Go Patriots!

22 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Outside looking in, kinda similar.   At least it didn't happen if it was. 

It's bizarre how many of these "schools" are popping up. Last night we were going to watch Surge Academy play Treasure Coast, but it was postponed until Monday because of some massive (even by south Florida standards) thunderstorms. Surge is in their 2nd year of life as a school and football and will probably get crushed by Class 8A top 10 Treasure Coast. Unlike Beacon Hill Homeschool, they at least have a website. Last year, they went 0-5 and were outscored 161-14. 

On 9/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, cbg said:

There is no doubt that at the present time most everyone considers Oakland the best high school football team in Tennessee.  Very few teams including Maryville want to play Oakland in a regular season game.  Oakland could have a competitive with some of the private schools such as CPA, Lipscomb, MBA or McCallie but who knows if Oakland reached out to one of the top D2 schools.  

Absolutely no doubt that Oakland is strong.  But before you go claiming them the best team since the 1985 Chicago Bears, remember where a potential semi final game would be played this year.  

Just food for thought.  

On 9/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, cbg said:

We do play them in the regular season, but what sense does it make to travel that far to play a regular season game against a team in the Midstate? We've done it before with Smyrna?