Rebs haid ovur two tha Beer-den

STARSNBARS

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Central and Bearden's stadiums have lasted this long because they have taken care of the place. I personally don't like the aluminum bleachers because of the heat they attract. I always wondered why Powell got rid of their concrete stadium which was built in the early 60's. I never saw anything wrong with it. 

I love when we play somewhere with the old concrete bleachers. They are wide and allow for so much extra room for people to sit, not touching everyone else. They are amazing with the kids (as long as nobody falls) because they can sit all the way back and have their small toys with them. Strollers and car seats fit. I love it. 

3 hours ago, strongx said:

It’s strange how beer-dens dominance on the hardwood hasn’t carried over to the gridiron.

Not a coincidence.  

Very few basketball players also play football.  Same for baseball and soccer.  

Coaches there don't like to share athletes.  Been a pet peeve of mine for a while, now.  

24 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Beer-den haz allways ben one ov momma's favritt spots.....We used two eat att tha Canned-Pie ov Toekeyo and then'st jist walk upp tha hill two tha bawlgaim....Haited two see Canned-Pie ov Toekeyo klose.....Eye aint shore, butt momma mite ov hepped eat tham out ov bidness.....(Bless hur hart)....:wub::hungry:

Back in my day we enjoyed Ali Baba's Time Out Deli across the road, and Jolly Ox about a smooth 9 iron from the student parking lot.  

Yeah, I am old.  

Fun times.  Well, some of them anyway.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Not a coincidence.  

Very few basketball players also play football.  Same for baseball and soccer.  

Coaches there don't like to share athletes.  Been a pet peeve of mine for a while, now.  

That may have been the case in the past, but not recently. 

-Shamarcus Brown first team all state defensive end 6a and starter in state champ bball team
-Roman Robinson 4 year basketball starter and football wideout 
-Current varsity starter playing football and 4 other basketball players playing football 

You don’t know of what you speak sir

18 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

-Shamarcus Brown first team all state defensive end 6a and starter in state champ bball team
-Current varsity starter playing football and 4 other basketball players playing football 

61fboTtoqJS._AC_UL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Well that's a recent Change then , my Nephew was a 3 year Starter for Bearden Basketball a few years ago and they told him he couldn't play Football ... My Nephew was one of the best Football players I've ever seen in the Midget leagues ... we used to kid about Recrootin him to Murvil with free Garbige service from Starz ... If they're now allowing kids to play other sports that's great .