Rebs haid ovur two tha Beer-den

STARSNBARS

15 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Well that's a recent Change then , my Nephew was a 3 year Starter for Bearden Basketball a few years ago and they told him he couldn't play Football ... My Nephew was one of the best Football players I've ever seen in the Midget leagues ... we used to kid about Recrootin him to Murvil with free Garbige service from Starz ... If they're now allowing kids to play other sports that's great . 

It is a shame when coaches discourage kids from playing a sport.  They are only in high school once and should play whatever they want to

Edited by LittleJerrySeinfeld

1 hour ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

That may have been the case in the past, but not recently. 

-Shamarcus Brown first team all state defensive end 6a and starter in state champ bball team
-Roman Robinson 4 year basketball starter and football wideout 
-Current varsity starter playing football and 4 other basketball players playing football 

You don’t know of what you speak sir

You name 3 and claim 4 others.  Bearden is a school of over 2000 students. You do the math on that one. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that those number are very low. Mrs. Harris taught me math well when I was a student at Bearden.  I can calculate those numbers, too. 

Perhaps you need to rethink your position or go back on a new sitcom. I do have an idea of what I speak of sir or madam.  

But deny if you wish.   

1 hour ago, HTV said:

You name 3 and claim 4 others.  Bearden is a school of over 2000 students. You do the math on that one. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that those number are very low. Mrs. Harris taught me math well when I was a student at Bearden.  I can calculate those numbers, too. 

Perhaps you need to rethink your position or go back on a new sitcom. I do have an idea of what I speak of sir or madam.  

But deny if you wish.   

People come to Bearden to hoop because of the tradition there, as you should know.  Only the elite athletes can even think of playing both sports at Bearden.  Most 5/6A schools do not have but a handful of football/basketball kids anymore anyways.  It is a different time.  For example, Maryville used to have half of the team playing both sports but now have only a handful at most playing both these days.  I do not need math nor a sitcom to refute your points.  

12 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

People come to Bearden to hoop because of the tradition there, as you should know.  Only the elite athletes can even think of playing both sports at Bearden.  Most 5/6A schools do not have but a handful of football/basketball kids anymore anyways.  It is a different time.  For example, Maryville used to have half of the team playing both sports but now have only a handful at most playing both these days.  I do not need math nor a sitcom to refute your points.  

Bearden's basketball program is tremendous.  No doubt about it.  

And you made my point about "thinking" of playing both sports and you seem to be contradicting your original claim with that statement.  

And it's odd to me that Bearden and Hardin Valley have so few multiple sports athletes.  And you are wrong about Maryville.  there are many athletes who play multiple sports, including football.  You are going to lose that argument.  

You also incorrect about other area 6A schools.  Most of them have a large number of muti sport athletes.  

But as I said, deny if you wish.  Doesn't change things.  

Edited by HTV

6 hours ago, HTV said:

Bearden's basketball program is tremendous.  No doubt about it.  

And you made my point about "thinking" of playing both sports and you seem to be contradicting your original claim with that statement.  

And it's odd to me that Bearden and Hardin Valley have so few multiple sports athletes.  And you are wrong about Maryville.  there are many athletes who play multiple sports, including football.  You are going to lose that argument.  

You also incorrect about other area 6A schools.  Most of them have a large number of muti sport athletes.  

But as I said, deny if you wish.  Doesn't change things.  

Sorry HTV, but a current murvil coach tells kids he is gonna focus on those who are committed to his sport. Pitiful, but true. Just like everywhere else.

16 minutes ago, strongx said:

Sorry HTV, but a current murvil coach tells kids he is gonna focus on those who are committed to his sport. Pitiful, but true. Just like everywhere else.

There are a lot of football players who also play other sports.  Not sure whomthat coach is, but that's not normal from what I have observed. 

A game they can't go to and sleepwalk through. I've not said much about the Alcoa game but they failed to deliver the knockout punch and let them back in the ballgame. I sat on the Alcoa side and there wasn't one person around me that didn't believe in their heart Alcoa wasn't going to win even when being ten down and the interception around 4 minutes. I said Saturday Maryville didn't win anything Friday Night they escaped which almost felt like a loss and had there been one more minute on the clock I would bet my life Alcoa would have pulled it off.  They knew exactly where to go to and it's been the weak part since the first scrimmage against Oak Ridge. I won't say what that is but it needs to be fixed asap.