1. Haywood 6-0 W 56-18 over North Side

2. Hardin Co. 7-0 W 37-7 over Lexington 

3. Dyersburg 6-0 W 29-22 over Covington 

4. Peabody 7-0 W 36-0 over Halls

T5.  Covington 5-1 L 29-22 to Dyersburg 

T5. Westview 6-1 W 42-7 over Union City

7. McKenzie 7-0 W 23-14 over Dresden

8. USJ 5-2 W 49-0 over Fayette Academy

9. Huntingdung 6-1 W 49-8 over Gibson  Co. 

10. Riverside 6-1 W 20-14 over East Hickman

11.  Dresden 5-2 L 23-14 to McKenzie

12.  JCS 5-2 W 42-7 over Tipton Rosemark 

Outside Looking In: Fayette Ware 6-1, Munford 5-2, South Gibson 5-2, North Side 4-3, Henry Co. 3-4, West Carroll 5-2, Union City 5-2

Are these the best 12 team in West Tn outside of Shelby Co?  Some shifting around this week. What say you all??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, horse said:

This would be like the east picking 12 best teams and leaving out Knoxville teams. Middle picking and not picking nasvhville and Murfreesboro teams. 

Doesn't concern you, horse hiney!

Good list as always, BPM. In the interest of stirring the pot a bit, I'd probably take USJ over McKenzie and maybe 1-2 others but it's hard to put a two loss team ahead of an undefeated team.

Hardin is still a bit of a mystery. Their one quality win is against a USJ team that had to play with their fourth string freshman running back. He'll be a good one but still. Hardin has some studs, but they haven't really been tested. Wonder how that'll affect them when things get tight in the playoffs.

I think North Side and Henry would beat a few of those teams, but the rankings are more fun if you don't always favor the big schools.

Also why in the world are Haywood and Lake Co playing? 

I haven't done this in a few weeks, so I'll take a shot at it.

1: Haywood: pretty obvious they're the best team in West Tennessee. They shread North Side to pieces the other night.

2: Dyersburg: they've been battled tested twice. They have dominated the DC game (when people thought it was a toss up game), and they defeated Covington (I think it's the most impressive win so far in West Tennessee).

3: Hardin County, screw their offense, I believe they have the best defense in West Tennessee.

4: Covington: I can't knock on the Chargers for what happened on Friday. I do believe they're a top 4 team in West Tennessee. They have steam rolled Brighton, Munford, and North Side. Munford is not a bad football team.

5: Peabody: they're good to the point where we are used to it. They just handled business weekly against opponents we expect them to handle. Over the last month, their schedule has been boring to me.

6: Westview: The offense is good but I've impressed with their defense, too. Dropping from 3A to 2A is probably a reason for that. They've allowed 14 points or less in 6 of 7 games, including two shutouts.

7: McKenzie: Same with Peabody, their schedule has been boring as of late. They did exposed West Carroll and their easy schedule. To me, WC is not as good as their record indicates.  Health is the key priority for McKenzie than anything.

8: Huntingdon: The win at Riverside is impressive and no one gave them the credit they should have received. The schedule is backloaded, which is I do believe is good for the Mustangs to improve weaknesses' heading into November.

9: USJ: The schedule for the Bruins doesn't impress me. They did play Hardin County okay, but not great. They haven't really impressed me this season.

10: Munford: A team that has defeated everybody by 20+ other than Covington and Dyersburg. I'm actually convinced they can make a run in the playoffs because Henry County is not as strong as they once were. They have impressed me and I expect them to continue.

11: Riverside: The loss against Huntingdon is reasonable. Unfortunately, the win against Lexington is not impressive to me anymore. Lexington wins are against bad football teams. Riverside is a dark horse to make noise in 2A, and the game against Lewis County will be a good measuring stick for them.

12: South Gibson: Banged up against Henry County and was still competitive. Lost to North Side at the final seconds, and weather probably played a roll into that. I still believe they're fine and I do believe they'll finish 2nd in Region 7-4A.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

1: Haywood: pretty obvious they're the best team in West Tennessee. They shread North Side to pieces the other night.

2: Dyersburg: they've been battled tested twice. They have dominated the DC game (when people thought it was a toss up game), and they defeated Covington (I think it's the most impressive win so far in West Tennessee).

3: Hardin County, screw their offense, I believe they have the best defense in West Tennessee.

4: Covington: I can't knock on the Chargers for what happened on Friday. I do believe they're a top 4 team in West Tennessee. They have steam rolled Brighton, Munford, and North Side. Munford is not a bad football team.

5: Peabody: they're good to the point where we are used to it. They just handled business weekly against opponents we expect them to handle. Over the last month, their schedule has been boring to me.

6: Westview: The offense is good but I've impressed with their defense, too. Dropping from 3A to 2A is probably a reason for that. They've allowed 14 points or less in 6 of 7 games, including two shutouts.

7: McKenzie: Same with Peabody, their schedule has been boring as of late. They did exposed West Carroll and their easy schedule. To me, WC is not as good as their record indicates.  Health is the key priority for McKenzie than anything.

8: Huntingdon: The win at Riverside is impressive and no one gave them the credit they should have received. The schedule is backloaded, which is I do believe is good for the Mustangs to improve weaknesses' heading into November.

9: USJ: The schedule for the Bruins doesn't impress me. They did play Hardin County okay, but not great. They haven't really impressed me this season.

10: Munford: A team that has defeated everybody by 20+ other than Covington and Dyersburg. I'm actually convinced they can make a run in the playoffs because Henry County is not as strong as they once were. They have impressed me and I expect them to continue.

11: Riverside: The loss against Huntingdon is reasonable. Unfortunately, the win against Lexington is not impressive to me anymore. Lexington wins are against bad football teams. Riverside is a dark horse to make noise in 2A, and the game against Lewis County will be a good measuring stick for them.

12: South Gibson: Banged up against Henry County and was still competitive. Lost to North Side at the final seconds, and weather probably played a roll into that. I still believe they're fine and I do believe they'll finish 2nd in Region 7-4A.

I think that’s a pretty good assessment of these teams, or at least the ones I’ve seen play. I agree D-burgs win is the most impressive by far. Glad you mentioned Hardin County’s D. I been wondering if I was the only one that thought they have a good D. I realize they’ve not had the toughest schedule by any stretch, but believe they can hold there own against playoff quality teams. Been playing physical and pretty disciplined on D. 

31 minutes ago, Kublah said:

I don't know for certain who contacted who.  I do know that Haywood had a heck of a time filling out a 10 game schedule. 

When schedules were released last winter, Lake Co. was scheduled to play at Ensworth in week 8.  Sometime back in the Spring, the Ensworth - Lake Co. agreement fell apart.  According to what I've heard, it was because Ensworth didn't want to travel to LC next year.  Shortly after the Lake Co. - Ensworth game fell through, Haywood and Lake Co. announced they were playing each other.

My guess is that Lake Co. wanted a replacement game for Week 8, and at that late date Haywood was the only team in West Tennessee who was available.

10 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I don't know for certain who contacted who.  I do know that Haywood had a heck of a time filling out a 10 game schedule. 

When schedules were released last winter, Lake Co. was scheduled to play at Ensworth in week 8.  Sometime back in the Spring, the Ensworth - Lake Co. agreement fell apart.  According to what I've heard, it was because Ensworth didn't want to travel to LC next year.  Shortly after the Lake Co. - Ensworth game fell through, Haywood and Lake Co. announced they were playing each other.

My guess is that Lake Co. wanted a replacement game for Week 8, and at that late date Haywood was the only team in West Tennessee who was available.

Keep it going Tomcats

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

Doesn't concern you, horse hiney!

Good list as always, BPM. In the interest of stirring the pot a bit, I'd probably take USJ over McKenzie and maybe 1-2 others but it's hard to put a two loss team ahead of an undefeated team.

Hardin is still a bit of a mystery. Their one quality win is against a USJ team that had to play with their fourth string freshman running back. He'll be a good one but still. Hardin has some studs, but they haven't really been tested. Wonder how that'll affect them when things get tight in the playoffs.

I think North Side and Henry would beat a few of those teams, but the rankings are more fun if you don't always favor the big schools.

Honest truth it was hard finding games no one wanted to pick us up

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You and I pretty much agree on 1-9. Same teams just slightly different order.