2A R6 vs 2A R5 Playoffs

vandyfan1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, Salem said:

Playoff scenarios if the season ended today. Region 6 is all but set. Five could get turned upside down. 

Forrest hosts Adamsville

Cascade hosts East Hickman

Summertown visits Lewis Co/ Riverside loser

Richland visits Lewis Co/ Riverside winner

Forrest needs to beat either Richland or Mt. Pleasant to win it. Richland will be the much tougher test.  Richland is a big physical team. They blew late leads against Cascade or Summertown or they would be playing for the title next week. 

Not sure about the tougher region based on the cross region games so far. We were told how tough East Hickman was last year and they were a playoff cakewalk. I don't think either region has a team that could finish higher than 3rd or even 4th in regions 3, 4,  or 7.

So far this year: 

Richland over Hickman Co. 42-7. 

East Hickman over Mt. Pleasant 35-21 in a win that doesn't look very impressive now. Mt. Pleasant scheduled a 5A team the week before Richland. Not sure how that affected their performance last week. Their RB has been out since week 3 with a knee injury. 

Loretto lost to Lewis County 21-20. 

Lewis County hosts Summertown in two weeks. All the skill guys are back for Summertown who played and defeated Lewis County in 2019. 

Forrest defense is good enough to keep them in any game against R6 for a half. Forrest offense is bad enough to keep any team from R6 in the game well into the 2nd half. 

They are the favorite right now. If they have turnovers and dumb penalties then there are teams who can beat them based on game film with Huntingdon and East Hickman.

Riverside, Lewis Co., and Forrest (in no particular order) are clearly the top three of the two regions...after that it's anybody's guess who matches up against who better, or how any one team plays that night. Loretto for example takes one of the top teams to the wire one week and lays an egg the next...East Hickman pushes Riverside to the limit (couple of Panther fans told me they were lucky to escape) one week, then barely sneaks by Hickman County tonight. I've read R5 posts all season about this, but R6 is just as scrambled. Games may go chalk, but there may be some big news from 5/6 in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

It’s at Riverside. Will you be attending 

Nah, already have plans to watch the capstone to our regional championship.

Reason why I asked was because if it was in Hohenwald, we could go ahead and crown LC regional paper champions again and just skip on into the playoffs.

But, since it is not, Riverside may actually have a chance.

Either way, I am going to be interested in how the placings shake out. I know you think I dislike Hohenwald but, honestly, I don’t. I am really pulling for them to beat Riverside. I want to see them make it to the third round. If they can pull it out in a couple of weeks, they have a decent to good shot at making it to the third round. Can they beat Riverside twice? Doubt it. If Chapel Hill beats Riverside before the third round, can they beat LC, probably. Either way, I’m pulling for the underdog kittens!

20 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Nah, already have plans to watch the capstone to our regional championship.

Reason why I asked was because if it was in Hohenwald, we could go ahead and crown LC regional paper champions again and just skip on into the playoffs.

But, since it is not, Riverside may actually have a chance.

Either way, I am going to be interested in how the placings shake out. I know you think I dislike Hohenwald but, honestly, I don’t. I am really pulling for them to beat Riverside. I want to see them make it to the third round. If they can pull it out in a couple of weeks, they have a decent to good shot at making it to the third round. Can they beat Riverside twice? Doubt it. If Chapel Hill beats Riverside before the third round, can they beat LC, probably. Either way, I’m pulling for the underdog kittens!

See why can’t you post like this right here all the time? That’s a good post but some of the crap you say just ruins threads.