Week 9 - Oak Ridge at Karns

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Jackson appears to be more of a linebacker than a running back in college.  Thoughts?

You maybe right. He has struggle running this season but so has all the OR RBs. I do however think Jackson is going to have some great games at RB coupled with some stellar LB play in the next several weeks.

Judging from the two players on Wed. Coaches Corner the team still looks up to Jackson and has faith in him.  I know I still enjoy watching him play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Jackson appears to be more of a linebacker than a running back in college.  Thoughts?

Maybe so with more reps.I wouldve loved to see him after a yr or more of playing defense.I will say he can still be a D1 RB.I think as FR and SO he was on an upward path at RB and got D1 offers because of it.Then as a JR he seemed to not get better or take the next step we all thought he would.Combine that with this years nightmare of an offense and people like me kinda wrote him off as a big time RB.But to be fair he really hasnt had much of a shot to prove it at RB this yr.We really need him on defense and with 2 other good RBs we dont need him running it 20 plus times a game.And our offense and blocking has been so bad the best of the best would have a hard time.I would love for the new offense to give him a better shot at showing what he can do before seasons end.For some reason I think he learned from some mistakes and will put up big numbers if we give him a shot.He seems to be getting back to running downhill and punishing tacklers.I hope he shines and his hard work is rewarded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Maybe so with more reps.I wouldve loved to see him after a yr or more of playing defense.I will say he can still be a D1 RB.I think as FR and SO he was on an upward path at RB and got D1 offers because of it.Then as a JR he seemed to not get better or take the next step we all thought he would.Combine that with this years nightmare of an offense and people like me kinda wrote him off as a big time RB.But to be fair he really hasnt had much of a shot to prove it at RB this yr.We really need him on defense and with 2 other good RBs we dont need him running it 20 plus times a game.And our offense and blocking has been so bad the best of the best would have a hard time.I would love for the new offense to give him a better shot at showing what he can do before seasons end.For some reason I think he learned from some mistakes and will put up big numbers if we give him a shot.He seems to be getting back to running downhill and punishing tacklers.I hope he shines and his hard work is rewarded.

Good post! RWR!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Missed a chance to give Jackson a shout out for his defense.He has done a good job and really couldve been a monster if he wouldve played some defense his 1st 3 years.He gets better every game out there and seems to give the team energy when he makes a big play.

I think his path going forward is defense, he is strong, he can run to the ball and has a chance to be a good linebacker or defensive end at the next level.

59 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Thats normal for them, any KFL team that has a winning record they will pick to beat OR, And if OR wins, you will have to look in the obituaries for the write-up, but if Karns wins, it will knock World War III off the front page,

5-Star Preps gives it to Karns 23-21. 

13 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Listening/reading the people I trust most, his stock has really fallen.  Don't think he's going to end up at as high a level as was originally thought he would.