Week 9 - Oak Ridge at Karns

CardinalGrey

2 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Ive never seen a team with less situational awareness in my life.Our poor QB just is oblivious to pressure and when you cant force it and when you gotta just throw it.Our defense on 3rd and 19 will  v line to middle and give the RB the sideline when he had no shot up middle.SPT guys in lala land.Coaches giving ball to players who dont have 30 yards all yr and not to 14,7,1 and 13.Its just as ugly as u can imagine from a coaching standpoint.

I have to agree with you here, I never thought I'd see a day when you guys got beat by the Beavers. 

• Like 1

Just now, SweetScience said:

Hey y’all, when it’s “up to the players” to work out, this is what you get. Until changes are made, it’s gonna be the same ‘o sh$& in OR. When you can’t effectively run the ball against Karns, changes need to be made, from the top down. 

You mean it's not mandatory? 

6 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I never said he was bad, he ain't as good as you guys think though.

I think the kid is a dang good high school football player! With another year, I think he only gets better. Just my opinion… that does not take away the fact that Vaughn is a dang good high school football player himself. I really like them both.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Hey y’all, when it’s “up to the players” to work out, this is what you get. Until changes are made, it’s gonna be the same ‘o sh$& in OR. When you can’t effectively run the ball against Karns, changes need to be made, from the top down. 

I hate to say it.  But our team is playing like the season was over last week.  Yes, I feel real bad for Bervin.  Weight program is only part of it.  Have to develop QBs as well from much earlier.  I've lived here for 20 years and QBs have never been much of a priority. in terms of development. 

Kudos to Karns for playing hard for the win and first program home playoff game.

9 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Ive never seen a team with less situational awareness in my life.Our poor QB just is oblivious to pressure and when you cant force it and when you gotta just throw it.Our defense on 3rd and 19 will  v line to middle and give the RB the sideline when he had no shot up middle.SPT guys in lala land.Coaches giving ball to players who dont have 30 yards all yr and not to 14,7,1 and 13.Its just as ugly as u can imagine from a coaching standpoint.

Many times tonight I thought of using the term "football intelligence". The kids don't understand some of the basics. It appears they are not taught.

Personnel decisions have been questionable. The "hot mike" caught some comments questioning the same thing.

Just now, boyfromsi said:

I hate to say it.  But our team is playing like the season was over last week.  Yes, I feel real bad for Bervin.  Weight program is only part of it.  Have to develop QBs as well from much earlier.  I've lived here for 20 years and QBs have never been much of a priority. in terms of development. 

Kudos to Karns for playing hard for the win and first program home playoff game.

Yeah, I feel really bad for the kids like #38 who put so much time and effort into it, for sure. Also agree with the QB comments. The play there has been really lackluster for most of the season, but he doesn’t have much help in terms of blocking either. Just a very disappointing season in every aspect. I can’t point the finger at any one thing, just terrible overall from the top down. Like that punt early on in the 3rd. A perfect opportunity for us to pin them down at the 2 yard line, our kids were sitting there waiting for the ball, just for everyone of them to sit there and watch it roll into the EZ. Just awful football all the way around.

Just now, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I feel really bad for the kids like #38 who put so much time and effort into it, for sure. Also agree with the QB comments. The play there has been really lackluster for most of the season, but he doesn’t have much help in terms of blocking either. Just a very disappointing season in every aspect. I can’t point the finger at any one thing, just terrible overall from the top down. Like that punt early on in the 3rd. A perfect opportunity for us to pin them down at the 2 yard line, our kids were sitting there waiting for the ball, just for everyone of them to sit there and watch it roll into the EZ. Just awful football all the way around.

I was watching.  Our guys never saw the ball until it hit the ground.