Playoffs - Round One - Oak Ridge at McMinn County

CardinalGrey

15 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I cannot bring myself to post a season wrap up message. I was there at the game and seeing it live shocked me somewhat. I will give my final thoughts on the 2021 season  in another post.

Well, I will try and get my thoughts on the season together and post them.

RWR!

That is it for the 2021 season. What could I say that hasn't already been said. Tough season. Still, we will be back again where we belong. 

Lets all get behind the Wildcats and Lady Wildcats basketball players and push them to State. See ya on the CoachT Basketball Boards.

RWR! << mic drop >>

On 11/5/2021 at 12:00 PM, HTV said:

Two of my favorite people will be doing radio play by play for this game tonight.  

Terry Patrick will be working the broadcast for the McMinn County radio station.  Terry is my former color commentator back in the early days when I was doing Powell High Football. 

David Clary will be doing the broadcast for the Oak Ridge station broadcast.  Dave was one of my early mentors in radio, back when I first started and was doing a Blount County Game of the Week broadcast on a sister station of the old AM 1290.  I learned much of what I know about radio from Dave.  Dave has over 40 years experience in doing high school sports play by play.  

Both guys are class acts, first and foremost, and both guys are tremendous and professional broadcasters.  I'll be streaming both tonight and listening to their work.  

Yes, Clary is a class act…not the kind that gets on Coacht and spouts ridiculous bs. 

3 hours ago, froshpop said:

Yes, Clary is a class act…not the kind that gets on Coacht and spouts ridiculous bs. 

Apparently a shot at me?  

Please expand on that ridiculous BS, please.    That's not been my history here. In fact, it's been pretty much a 180 from that. 

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure that he was taking a shot at you, HTV.

No, he was more than likely talking to me and a few other OR fans lol. To my credit, I’ve been kinda tame lately, and just accepted the fate of this year’s team, right after the Karns game. I know, pretty shocking that it took me that long to realize we just weren’t that good.

Edited by SweetScience

On 11/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

I cannot bring myself to post a season wrap up message. I was there at the game and seeing it live shocked me somewhat. I will give my final thoughts on the 2021 season  in another post.

I do want to take the time to thank " oridgecat " and his friend for saying hi to me  and my wife. Nice people those two are.

They came out of  nowhere to intoduced themselves. I was weaing a Bengals jacket, limping slowly along the fence and looking goofy. They thought that must be Willie and they were correct. Before I could say anything the two guys beat my #### and went to get Sweet Science so he could cat stomp me too.

Just kidding, they were very nice and I hope to meet them again and the rest of the CoachT gang. Basketball starts soon.

Well, I will try and get my thoughts on the season together and post them.

RWR!

It was nice to meet the legend himself

3 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

It was nice to meet the legend himself

That’s exactly how I felt when I met bag guy, till he gave me the 3rd degree on proper etiquette for the National Anthem. It’s really awesome to get berated by a guy who never served 1 second in the service, especially when you served 2 tours in Iraqi Freedom haha. 

Edited by SweetScience

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

That’s exactly how I felt when I met bag guy, till he gave me the 3rd degree on proper etiquette for the National Anthem. It’s really awesome to get berated by a guy who never served 1 second in the service, especially when you served 2 tours in Iraqi Freedom haha. 

Don't you hate it when people tell you how to act?

On 11/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, SweetScience said:

Put some respect on the bag guy's name.By the way thank you for your service