Dobbuns Bent-It comes two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

I'm not from McMinn County. Absolutely no ties to either school.  Just calling it as I see it.  

And I call it as I see it too.  It's a shame the game wasn't played last year.

The bush league move in all of this that gets forgotten was them sending two busloads of students up to Maryville last year, them marching directly to the D-B student section and trying to cause a massive chaotic brawl.  Which would've happened had administration at Maryville not stepped in and sent the McMinn students to the Maryville side.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, blazer1set said:

DB is 7-3, Maryville is 10-0.          I like Maryville's chances in this one....

I think your bet on DraftKings is safe for this one @blazer1set but at -10000, that's only going to net you $1.01 on that $100 bet you made.  Lol

On 10/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, Red Rebels said:

What’s y’all’s big end zone triple digit number up to? I saw it the last time I was up there.

21 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I was thinking this Friday night myself sitting in the pouring rain, but I didn't go on Twitter and talk smack like I normally would because of....

20 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

One could look at it that way however if the Indians would have taken care of business against Jeff. Co. this wouldn't be a discussion. Yes I do believe DB is better than Jeff. Co. On a side note, I believe the quick change of classifications caused alot of headaches for scheduling for West Ridge. I hope after the current contracts expire they beef up the schedule with some Knox area teams.

.....this which he's right about as well... I wished we could've played the Jeff County game over.  If we played them 9 more times, we'd win all 9.  

6 minutes ago, HTV said:

Take a chill pill.  It's alright to disagree, you know.  

Too many people can't understand that concept.  

You're using the term "disagree" as if you could be right. What your pushing is a big lie. One year later and still pushing a big lie.  That's the part that you can't seem to understand. 

53 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

I don't disagree with most of this article regarding DB, but using points allowed in region games as a tie breaker is very flawed too.  First team defenses would rarely come of the field in region games no matter the score.  If 2nd team defenses were inserted into a lopsided game and the opponent was about to score, the 1st team defense would get reinserted to keep points allowed to a minimum. 

No one was treated unfairly.   The  three way tie breaker has been an issue forever and it happens almost every year in regions across the state.  No perfect way to do it and the team draWing the short straw is always going to complain.   Total Points and point differentials aren't good because it gives weird incentives to run up the score and/or  keep backups off the field.   He also mentioned total wins of games actually played.  It certainly would not be fair in this instance to punish west ridge for not winning a game that the other team forfeited.   That seems a lot less fair than the current system.  At least db played and had a chance to win its game.    Agreed it could cause teams to want to soften up their schedule but playing good teams also makes you better and should give you a better chance to succeed in the playoffs.  If your goal is a deep run playing good teams in the regular season is ultimately a good thing.   Plus, IHopefully these covid wins will go away soon anyway.   The idea of three teams preparing for some sort of overtime mini playofff game, loading up the bus and playing on a Monday or Tuesday after playing the Friday before and then playing again on Friday in a play off game is laughable on its face.   The loss of practice time for the first round is a Recipe for disaster.  No coach would want to do this.    Never going to happen!  

59 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You're using the term "disagree" as if you could be right. What your pushing is a big lie. One year later and still pushing a big lie.  That's the part that you can't seem to understand. 

And you just reinforced my point that too many people can't understand that concept.  

Congratulations.  You must be proud of yourself.  

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

I don't disagree with most of this article regarding DB, but using points allowed in region games as a tie breaker is very flawed too.  First team defenses would rarely come of the field in region games no matter the score.  If 2nd team defenses were inserted into a lopsided game and the opponent was about to score, the 1st team defense would get reinserted to keep points allowed to a minimum. 

He brought out a lot of good points in the article but one thing was glaringly missing.   A lot of it sounded like excuses as to why DB should not have to play Maryville in round 1, and again a lot of good points I agree with.   But what they never suggested is that DB needs to build a better team and beat Maryville, and it seems like that should have at least gotten honorable mention, huh?

43 minutes ago, HTV said:

And you just reinforced my point that too many people can't understand that concept.  

Congratulations.  You must be proud of yourself.  

Pay no attention to them, they honestly don't know any better.  Big fish in small ponds can't comprehend beyond their limits - both literally and figuratively.  

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

He brought out a lot of good points in the article but one thing was glaringly missing.   A lot of it sounded like excuses as to why DB should not have to play Maryville in round 1, and again a lot of good points I agree with.   But what they never suggested is that DB needs to build a better team and beat Maryville, and it seems like that should have at least gotten honorable mention, huh?

It's not just DB that needs to build a better team. In the grand scope of things everybody is in the same boat. Whoever draws Maryville in the playoffs that's not named Oakland needs to build a better team if they have any chance of advancing. And the Oakland thing is just recently. I don't expect that to last. This is not a DB thing, It's a Maryville thing.