Round 1 Marshall County @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

Tullahoma only had 2 non-region opponents this year. Both were 6A programs. The Wildcats handled those game from start to finish. They had 2 preseason games against a 5A and a 6A opponent and won those games 80-5. I think had Tullahoma been in the local 5A region or the local 6A region they would still be 10-0 and in the playoffs as a #1 seed. They may not be Oakland-Maryville good but they have proved to be better than the local 5A and 6A teams. No 4A team has had their success with the competition they have faced. 

4 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Tullahoma only had 2 non-region opponents this year. Both were 6A programs. The Wildcats handled those game from start to finish. They had 2 preseason games against a 5A and a 6A opponent and won those games 80-5. I think had Tullahoma been in the local 5A region or the local 6A region they would still be 10-0 and in the playoffs as a #1 seed. They may not be Oakland-Maryville good but they have proved to be better than the local 5A and 6A teams. No 4A team has had their success with the competition they have faced. 

GreenEville has faced several teams in higher classes this year and worn them out. Even took the defending 4A champ Betsy to the wood shed. I think they have definitely Had the same success. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

I watched a couple of there games, and yes very good team. Disciplined and very good on the line on both sides and good linebacker play . Backers really contain the edges well.

4 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

MC is a tough 1st round game for a region winner, I am slightly leaning HC but believe it's a 1 or 2 score game. HC will be the only team in their region to survive the 1st round imo...

Not saying it will happen, but I could see South Side squeaking by Montgomery Central. MC from what I e seen is a run heavy team and Reader stacks the box against every team he plays and are usually pretty good against the run. Plus SS has been playing a lot better as of late. Throwing the ball around a little more as of late. I’ll have my eye on this game.

12 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

34, that's the total amount of wins the playoff teams have in Region 5-4A. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that has to be the most for any of the regions inside Tennessee for playoffs.

Here's another thing about Region 5-4A that stood out to me.

Tullahoma: 10-0

Pearl-Cohn: 9-1, they lost to Tullahoma

Montgomery Central: 8-2, they lost to Pearl-Cohn and Tullahoma

Marshall County: 7-3, they lost to Montgomery Central, Pearl-Cohn, and Tullahoma.

All teams are good. However, the non-region games these teams played weren't impressive to me. I think Hardin County will win this. I didn't realized how tough Region 5-4A is.

Two tough regions squaring off here

7 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Not saying it will happen, but I could see South Side squeaking by Montgomery Central. MC from what I e seen is a run heavy team and Reader stacks the box against every team he plays and are usually pretty good against the run. Plus SS has been playing a lot better as of late. Throwing the ball around a little more as of late. I’ll have my eye on this game.

Possibly, that is why they play the game, MC has been really good this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball, will be interesting...

18 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

All teams are good. However, the non-region games these teams played weren't impressive to me. I think Hardin County will win this. I didn't realized how tough Region 5-4A is.

Hardin has played one non region team above 500. Come on now!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80