On to round 2 pearl Cohn @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

19 hours ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

Wow. If Brown is out that’s a big blow to PC 

If I recall this is not true but even if it is pc has played 3 games this season without him and won. Its a blow but the other kids will have to step up. We have had some teams play us Close due to our youth,injuries, and boneheaded plays but this Hardin team is LEGIT.

9 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I couldn’t keep up with them myself then most of them came from one guy. Brown got one from looking back at a kid. Nothing on the field was malicious. Kids,parents and students from both programs was chatting before and after the game. All respect to Lexington and their program.

PC and Lexington both have polite and cordial fans

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

If I recall this is not true but even if it is pc has played 3 games this season without him and won. Its a blow but the other kids will have to step up. We have had some teams play us Close due to our youth,injuries, and boneheaded plays but this Hardin team is LEGIT.

Looks like only one metro team will be surviving the drought lmao. #RegionChamps

48 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Y’all will be the best team we’ve seen to say the least. Y’all got bunches of athletes and wicked speed. Good looking football team! HC will have to elevate there play from this past week to stay with PC. I do think we’re in for a really good game though.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2021 at 8:17 AM, TennSportsFan77 said:

Any truth to some ejections to some key PC players this past Friday? Or is this something my son and his friends heard that is completely false. 

#7 for PC was ejected for getting two unsportsmanlike penalties  (he lost a TD on the second as he turned to wave and blow a kiss to the defense on the 15 yard line).  #24 for LHS was ejected for targeting.  Losing #7 didn't slow them down very much.  I think they scored 28 after losing him.  #44 for PC got an early unsportsmanlike and it looked like the coach pulled him later to keep him from getting a second unsportsmanlike.  After the game, PC had some fans harassing the officials as they were trying to leave over the ejections of the PC player.

1 hour ago, OldSkyhawk said:

#7 for PC was ejected for getting two unsportsmanlike penalties  (he lost a TD on the second as he turned to wave and blow a kiss to the defense on the 15 yard line).  #24 for LHS was ejected for targeting.  Losing #7 didn't slow them down very much.  I think they scored 28 after losing him.  #44 for PC got an early unsportsmanlike and it looked like the coach pulled him later to keep him from getting a second unsportsmanlike.  After the game, PC had some fans harassing the officials as they were trying to leave over the ejections of the PC player.

7 is Brown if I’m not mistaken.

East Nasty - Why are some folks saying EN won the region for the first time in school history? I am glad EN won but its not the first time. Why did some EN folks forget when EN won the region when it actually mattered the most, you know with PC still in the region. Just curious why some would want to forget such a great season under Coach Waite. 

As for PC, I am thinking they can pull this one out. HC is good but I just think PC will make just enough plays to win. I would expect a close game  with PC pulling out maybe a 28-24 type win. 

Edited by workinprogress

It sounds like this will be an interesting matchup.,I’ll be following the result to see how it comes out. The Pope kid at HC is a great college prospect, so I hear. Does PC get any of their talent to play D-1 football?

just wondering how my Covington team would fare against these two if we were in 4A? The HS database says we are 6-2-1 all time versus Hardin County, but have not played since 1984, so that’s ancient history. We are 1-1 versus PC, winning 31-28 in 2017, then losing 21-20 in 2019.  

Hope y’all have an injury-free game and that the best team will advance.