Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

8 minutes ago, catswild said:

I have two questions...why is your gut telling you it's Cummings and why aren't you excited if it is? I know absolutely nothing about him

Let’s just say him and an important guy in the hiring process are good buddies. And I’m not excited about him because of his time at Cleveland. I know he did good at West, but his time at Cleveland leaves me quite skeptical, personally speaking. But hey, I’m just a fan. I’ll do my best to trust those who are in the position to make the call.

9 hours ago, HTV said:

So I know that I am not as close as some of you native Oak Ridgers are, but I do know some folks who are close.  I am getting the vibe that it's already been decided who the target is. All that's left is to work out the fine print. 

I guess time will tell on that one. 

I'm hearing the same,  Depends on who is actually making the hire.  Committee or principal?

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I were at Oak Ridge running the show you've already spilled to much blood all over the place forcing Joe to retire and letting an alumni that was a heck of a defensive coordinator move right next door to you so beware if you don't get a homerun hire about three years from now Jeff Miner is going to be kicking your azzes right up between your should blades and laughing while he's doing it. This mess is now to much out of hand to go after somebody that did it once but fell on their face somewhere else with a lot better toys and tools than Oak Ridge has. A place like Oak Ridge in the History of the State of Tennessee Football is like an Alabama  but needs a golden spark to return to it's glory days again but some money would have to be spent and I mean some good money but this would pay dividends like the 5 million Alabama paid Saban and you see how that paid off. This hire would be a Grand Slam and my friends and Oak Ridge would be a place where kids would come to play football if they got this person for sure. That stadium we've seen pictures of would also become a reality if this hire was made. There isn't a price high enough to have a coach that kids want to play for and the stands have 15,000 people at Blankenship Field like they did back in the 50's. Pay what it takes to get him here at all cost or refer back to my first sentence. That coach my friend is Bryson Rosser.

Rosser  and his  wife are not leaving HARVARD to come back to TN and coach a HS football team......:lol:

Edited by keepitmoving
spelled name wrong

Coach Gaddis was not forced out, in fact they wanted him to continue, but as he said, "its time" and he made the decision with a lot of thought. He is leaving behind a potentially good team with a lot of experienced players returning, and some that were out with injuries will also return. He said he wanted to leave the new coach the same situation he came into in 1988, when he inherited a talented team and went 10-0 in the regular season and won a couple of playoff games before a narrow loss to a talented Oakland team. The same possibility is there for the new coach, whoever that may be, and it will probably be a couple of weeks before a committee can be assembled and resumes collected and interviews conducted, That process hasn't started yet. The job will be posted, then if all these guys mentioned are really interested they can apply. There are a number of good coaches out there, most are currently employed, so they have to decide if they want to stay or try for this job. I also understand OR will need a number of assistant coaches as some will go to Hardin Valley with Coach Miner, which is a great hire for them by the way. I am sure all the potential coaches mentioned know the deal and will actually apply and who gets offers. OR has to get this right, it is an end of an era and the beginning of a new one,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Let’s just say him and an important guy in the hiring process are good buddies. And I’m not excited about him because of his time at Cleveland. I know he did good at West, but his time at Cleveland leaves me quite skeptical, personally speaking. But hey, I’m just a fan. I’ll do my best to trust those who are in the position to make the call.

That's very interesting. I had forgotten he had even been to Cleveland. Did he not do well there? I do know he won a state championship at West and is at Halls now