Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m pretty sure in a roundabout way, Cats is implying that you’re blaming the lack of SRs from this past seasons team, as if it was Gaddis’ fault in some way or another, but I may be wrong? As to why the lack of SRs? From my understanding some quit, a few became academically ineligible, and a few others transferred. Those things are something in which a Coach really doesn’t have much, if any control over.

I agree with that. Coach can’t control who quits or transfers. Thanks for the info Sweet.

23 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m pretty sure in a roundabout way, Cats is implying that you’re blaming the lack of SRs from this past seasons team on Gaddis, as if it was his fault in some way or another, but I may be wrong? As to why the lack of SRs? From my understanding, some quit, a few became academically ineligible, and a few others transferred. Those things are something in which a Coach really doesn’t have much, if any control over.

SS & DC got this correct.  Kids will always be kids.

RWR!

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Should be a pretty good supply of players coming up in the future, both middle schools had good athletes so maybe the future will look better.

We've never lacked for an abundant supply of athletes in OR, the main thing is getting the boys on the line to hit that weight room with a vengeance in the off-season, no matter who the Coach ends up being.

Edited by SweetScience

If I were at Oak Ridge running the show you've already spilled to much blood all over the place forcing Joe to retire and letting an alumni that was a heck of a defensive coordinator move right next door to you so beware if you don't get a homerun hire about three years from now Jeff Miner is going to be kicking your azzes right up between your should blades and laughing while he's doing it. This mess is now to much out of hand to go after somebody that did it once but fell on their face somewhere else with a lot better toys and tools than Oak Ridge has. A place like Oak Ridge in the History of the State of Tennessee Football is like an Alabama  but needs a golden spark to return to it's glory days again but some money would have to be spent and I mean some good money but this would pay dividends like the 5 million Alabama paid Saban and you see how that paid off. This hire would be a Grand Slam and my friends and Oak Ridge would be a place where kids would come to play football if they got this person for sure. That stadium we've seen pictures of would also become a reality if this hire was made. There isn't a price high enough to have a coach that kids want to play for and the stands have 15,000 people at Blankenship Field like they did back in the 50's. Pay what it takes to get him here at all cost or refer back to my first sentence. That coach my friend is Bryson Rosser.

Edited by BarneySox2007

11 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I were at Oak Ridge running the show you've already spilled to much blood all over the place forcing Joe to retire and letting an alumni that was a heck of a defensive coordinator move right next door to you so beware if you don't get a homerun hire about three years from now Jeff Miner is going to be kicking your azzes right up between your should blades and laughing while he's doing it. This mess is now to much out of hand to go after somebody that did it once but fell on their face somewhere else with a lot better toys and tools than Oak Ridge has. A place like Oak Ridge in the History of the State of Tennessee Football is like an Alabama  but needs a golden spark to return to it's glory days again but some money would have to be spent and I mean some good money but this would pay dividends like the 5 million Alabama paid Saban and you see how that paid off. This hire would be a Grand Slam and my friends and Oak Ridge would be a place where kids would come to play football if they got this person for sure. That stadium we've seen pictures of would also become a reality if this hire was made. There isn't a price high enough to have a coach that kids want to play for and the stands have 15,000 people at Blankenship Field like they did back in the 50's. Pay what it takes to get him here at all cost or refer back to my first sentence. That coach my friend is Bryson Rosser.

I dont think there is as much blood all over the place as you think.Ive not seen anything that says Joe was forced out.Also Miner has known for a while he needs to go get some HC exp if he wants the job.If he does a good job at HV he can always come home if next coach doesnt work out.Just from people I know there is a lot of excitement for the future and ready to see what happens.Also people happy for Joe and thankful for all he did for Oak Ridge.Im just not hearing from people angry or worried about future.I agree with you 100% on bringing Rossier back.It would be more fun than I could handle

Edited by STILLNUM1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Whew Barn whatever you been drinking I need a shot of. No guarantee Miner even does anything at HVA. Being a successful coordinator doesn't mean you'll be a good HC. Rosser is a great coach, but there are a lot of great coaches in this state OR could hire with similar success

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I were at Oak Ridge running the show you've already spilled to much blood all over the place forcing Joe to retire and letting an alumni that was a heck of a defensive coordinator move right next door to you so beware if you don't get a homerun hire about three years from now Jeff Miner is going to be kicking your azzes right up between your should blades and laughing while he's doing it. This mess is now to much out of hand to go after somebody that did it once but fell on their face somewhere else with a lot better toys and tools than Oak Ridge has. A place like Oak Ridge in the History of the State of Tennessee Football is like an Alabama  but needs a golden spark to return to it's glory days again but some money would have to be spent and I mean some good money but this would pay dividends like the 5 million Alabama paid Saban and you see how that paid off. This hire would be a Grand Slam and my friends and Oak Ridge would be a place where kids would come to play football if they got this person for sure. That stadium we've seen pictures of would also become a reality if this hire was made. There isn't a price high enough to have a coach that kids want to play for and the stands have 15,000 people at Blankenship Field like they did back in the 50's. Pay what it takes to get him here at all cost or refer back to my first sentence. That coach my friend is Bryson Rosser.:popcorneater::popcorneater::popcorneater: