Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

6 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I’m guessing someone within the BCS system eventually takes it.

I’m hearing someone within the program may be targeted. The WB program is like a sleeping giant or a monster waiting to be set loose. Maybe a Govmonster waiting in the weeds. Hopefully BCS won’t wait forever to right the ship.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, strongx said:

Well…when u put it that way?!? Lol

Blount County is growing all over, but especially that side of town. That’s a BIG plus. The proximity to alco and murvil is mostly negative I guess from the standpoint of recruiting, but incredible success at those schools demonstrate the interest in the community. Some kids come from Knoxville or further away, but most of the kids on those successful teams are local. 

You’re right, WB is a LONG way from being competitive in 6A, but I honestly believe it is doable even if the hole has gotten deeper. 

I'm hearing that they're already making the revival of their youth football program a priority.  That will be good for all of Blount County football.

I would love to see what Bill Satterfield could do at WB.  If Satterfield had taken over the program in the 80s or after 2007 , the landscape in Blount county would be very different.  He could make WB a regular in the playoffs very quickly and a  consistently field a team that would be a tough game for anyone they play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I would love to see what Bill Satterfield could do at WB.  If Satterfield had taken over the program in the 80s or after 2007 , the landscape in Blount county would be very different.  He could make WB a regular in the playoffs very quickly and a  consistently field a team that would be a tough game for anyone they play. 

I agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

I'm hearing that they're already making the revival of their youth football program a priority.  That will be good for all of Blount County football.

It was hard for me to believe. They will need a guy willing to spend some serious time and effort for a few years. Is that guy already on staff or to the northeast a few hours?

No reason at all for there not to be two teams in youth league feeding into WB and really three. When I was young there were two teams, one at Lanier and Fairview  and that was when those 2,700 kids in seven schools were more like 1,350. Just an excuse for being lazy on someone's watch. This past year when the middle school program went down hill trying to juggle a head coach there and at the high school was stupid beyond belief and the only game they won was when the head coach couldn't be present and the assistants had to take over that evening. Hope they get a coach that will put the extra hours in and get this program on it's feet. 

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No reason at all for there not to be two teams in youth league feeding into WB and really three. When I was young there were two teams, one at Lanier and Fairview  and that was when those 2,700 kids in seven schools were more like 1,350. Just an excuse for being lazy on someone's watch. This past year when the middle school program went down hill trying to juggle a head coach there and at the high school was stupid beyond belief and the only game they won was when the head coach couldn't be present and the assistants had to take over that evening. Hope they get a coach that will put the extra hours in and get this program on it's feet. 

Three.  You forgot Friendsville.

18 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Three.  You forgot Friendsville.

Friendsville yes but they may have came into play after Lanier stopped. Also remember that there was a Lanier and Fairview team back before there were a Union Grove, Carpenters, Mary Blount and Middlesettl Elementary Schools which have driven that enrollment to 2,700 kids. The future can be very bright for the right person that can take the bull by the horns and work it. Also saw a good word yesterday somewhere that fits well today.

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Lanier (Eagles), Fairview (Panthers), Westside (Raiders), Friendsville (Falcons) are four that I can remember.

The County also had some "Middle School" teams that were made up of several schools. This was to bridge the gap between pee wee/midget and high school. The ABF Flyers fed directly into WBHS and played at WBHS. A - Alnwick, B - Bunglow, F - Fairview. 

Edited by Red Rebels

On 1/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

If William Blount people that are in charge had a brain at all they would ask Gary Rankin to come over and help rebuild this program. Face it Alcoa people are in love with their assistant coach and want Gary out. What a better way than to go cross town and eventually give Alcoa the big F U when you did finally want to retire.

Yea keep telling yourself this same story to the point you believe it! :thumb:

Alcoa Middle school team beats murvul year after year...m.urvul refuses to play.......murvul come back on the schedule and gets beat...AGAIN. Year after year the Alcoa Freshman and JV team beats murvul.....you tell me what "WE'RE" missing!! :thumb:

YOU KNOW whats coming and you are very afraid. FACT!

No more Help!

Kenya Announces Its Elephant Population Has Doubled In The Past 30 Years

10 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea keep telling yourself this same story to the point you believe it! :thumb:

Alcoa Middle school team beats murvul year after year...m.urvul refuses to play.......murvul come back on the schedule and gets beat...AGAIN. Year after year the Alcoa Freshman and JV team beats murvul.....you tell me what "WE'RE" missing!! :thumb:

YOU KNOW whats coming and you are very afraid. FACT!

No more Help!

Kenya Announces Its Elephant Population Has Doubled In The Past 30 Years

We don't even have a Middle School. FACT! :thumb: