Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

10 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

I do agree that the $10 charge may be costly but at the same time I don't think that's the main cause.  Just get on the Pirate fan page the week of the game and see how many fans are asking if it's being streamed. Look at the number of fans watching the FB live the night of the game ( or other streaming sources) .  I do understand some folks may not be able to attend for legitimate reasons but some could be sitting in the stands. I also agree with another poster that made the statement that our fan base is spoiled and honestly we are.  I hope that changes this week and we have a packed house because when we do Beene Stadium is one of the best venues in Tennessee to watch high school football.  

I don't do the Facebook thing so I'll take your word for it on the Facebook live comment.  But if that is happening and someone is streaming the video then they need to either quit or fork over $750 per contest. Live video is not allowed during playoff games without consent from the TSSAA. I don't know how they would enforce it, but a few seasons ago I believe it was said that it would go back on the host school to "handle" it. Either by stopping whoever is doing it, or having to pay out the money.

11 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Let's put it this way...there's a difference between athleticism and talent. We've had more talent than SP in the past, but I've never seen us have more athleticism.

One instance I can think of specifically is 2006. We played at SP, and I watched warmups and was blown away by the athleticism, and I was extremely worried. We won 41-14, I believe. SP was an athletic, young team that year. The next year they had the talent to go with the athleticism. 

I remember that game very well. That QB at the time for Gordonsville was a heck of a player. We had no answer for him. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the game where Gordonsville lined up to spike the ball deep in our territory and the QB faked the spike and threw a TD pass in the corner of the endzone.

Edited by piratetom

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I remember this game.  We had a great team but those kids needed that loss to fuel them to the championship the next year in 2007.  That 2006 game our QB threw a late INT that sealed the game.  I was thinking in 2006 we lost to Trousdale, but I could be wrong.  You sure that 2006 game was vs Gordy, and not 2004 or 2005??

It was 2006. We lost 41-7 

I know as for me and my family we don't miss many games but this has been a different year. With the addition of a grandbaby we have to be very careful and so that's why we haven't made it out. Plus I know we've lost some Pirate faithful to death and some of those family members that were coming aren't anymore. 10 bucks for a game and gas at a stupid high also just adds to alot of reasons the crowd is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sportman said:

I know as for me and my family we don't miss many games but this has been a different year. With the addition of a grandbaby we have to be very careful and so that's why we haven't made it out. Plus I know we've lost some Pirate faithful to death and some of those family members that were coming aren't anymore. 10 bucks for a game and gas at a stupid high also just adds to alot of reasons the crowd is what it is. 

Been missing you down in front of us. Hope to see you there Friday but if not, completely understand.

38 minutes ago, sportman said:

That's another good point. Some people just still aren't getting out yet due to covid.