Gaddis has retired

HTV

5 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Does Maryville and/or Alcoa get a phone call?

The obvious name at Alcoa turned down a 6 figure job in the off-season.  He's going to follow Gary Rankin at Alcoa. 

Never say never, but I don't see any of the coaches who are qualified leaving the Maryville staff. Several of them left high school head coaching jobs for assistant positions at Maryville. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Job like OR is going to have a bunch of good options, not just people that have a connection to Blount County

Your right but every time they have hired anyone from away from here it didn't work out. Rang, Nix and Sweetland are the perfect age and great experience and been there before and have the hardware to prove it. Only reason I bet Nix didn't shoot for the Catholic Job is anytime you let a fart over there a Leprechaun would jump out to smell it.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your right but every time they have hired anyone from away from here it didn't work out. Rang, Nix and Sweetland are the perfect age and great experience and been there before and have the hardware to prove it. Only reason I bet Nix didn't shoot for the Catholic Job is anytime you let a fart over there a Leprechaun would jump out to smell it.

What qualifies as away from here? There's plenty of good candidates just in East TN. There's a few in middle tn that I imagine will throw their hat into the ring and would do well at OR