Gaddis has retired

HTV

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Is the talent there pretty sparse as of late? I would think so, because I can’t see it being his coaching abilities. Seems all the Williamson Co talent has transferred to Summitt as of late, and of course Ravenwood is always talented. I’m betting Scott just doesn’t have much to work with right now, but being here, I don’t know, for sure.

Partially, but alot of it has to do with the fact that the WillCo region (7-6A) is an absolute killer of a region. Blade is a decent HC, but his faults get exposed pretty badly when going up against Brentwood, Ravenwood, Summit

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm not so sure that team that won it wasn't the best team in the state that year.

May very well be right, they went through 5A like it was nothing

11 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Like you said at the top, if he thought he was in the running I doubt he'd accepted the job at HVA

Well MTF, you maybe right. One other thing that might have happened was since the DC thought his defense at OR had been so good he went to OR administration or let it be know he was getting impatient as the HC in waiting. He might have said l want the HC job or l am leaving. OR called his bluff and said ok. The timing of his taking the HVA job and Gaddis retiring makes you think.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well MTF, you maybe right. One other thing that might have happened was since the DC thought his defense at OR had been so good he went to OR administration or let it be know he was getting impatient as the HC in waiting. He might have said l want the HC job or l am leaving. OR called his bluff and said ok. The timing of his taking the HVA job and Gaddis retiring makes you think.

If OR wanted him as Gaddis' replacement, I think assurances would have been made. Honestly, I think OR needs to go outside for this one

Derek Rang is one of the very few coaches that learned Colonel Quarles secret recipe and went somewhere and cooked up some wins with it. Not sure why he would have went to Gatlinburg-Pittman other than getting back to East Tennessee and it being the only ride open at the time. Nix would be my second pick then of course Sweetland because he knows the Colonels recipe as well but hasn't ever got a chance like Rang to go out and cook up a state championship but he could at Oak Ridge and being in the company of Rankin and Nix the past few years I'm sure that's been a great experience as well.

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Derek Rang is one of the very few coaches that learned Colonel Quarles secret recipe and went somewhere and cooked up some wins with it. Not sure why he would have went to Gatlinburg-Pittman other than getting back to East Tennessee and it being the only ride open at the time. Nix would be my second pick then of course Sweetland because he knows the Colonels recipe as well but hasn't ever got a chance like Rang to go out and cook up a state championship but he could at Oak Ridge and being in the company of Rankin and Nix the past few years I'm sure that's been a great experience as well.

Thing that would worry me about Rang is he's already been the HC for 3 different programs and is now in MS. At this current rate, he's gonna turn into the East TN version of Scott Smith

1 hour ago, cbg said:

The decision makers at Oak Ridge should do themselves a favor a reach out to Riley Dodge.  He’s a young guy that has proven that he knows how to win.

I'm seeing several names I know little about in regards to possible new OR HC. Coaches like Dodge are probably great coaches but I just have little knowledge of them.

If possible give some info on the coaches being dicussed. I thank you.

RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Job like OR is going to have a bunch of good options, not just people that have a connection to Blount County

Derek has a great job at a private school in Mississippi. He's not leaving there.  

And sorry MTF.  I meant to quote BarneySox2007, not you.  My bad. 

Edited by HTV