TC at Hampton

tcjacket13

1 hour ago, jacketpharmer said:

I agree that when you are up 2 scores in the 4th, you have to find a way to win it. Plain and simple. TC didn’t turn it over, didn’t take a big game changing penalty, and didn’t give up a huge explosive play in the 4th…. That would be choking it away. Hampton executed when it matters most. To say otherwise is taking away from them. This isn’t college where you got 85 players…. It’s small division high school football. Depth isn’t a reality. Speculate all you want about what TC did or didn’t do. I prefer to give credit where credit is due. They played well, we didn’t .

A team with an offense made to chew up clock didn't.  TC blew it, Hampton was no juggernaut, just a good, well coached, steady team. 

As far as depth, you are wrong, TC has been a 1-2 player team since 2018-2019.  Again, the feeder program has failed them tremendously in the past 4-5 years.  

11 hours ago, pujo said:

We need more people on the message boards, we are the loud mouths but its about 40 kids.

You two cover it well. Usually, when the quantity of posters goes up, the quality goes down.  Enjoy the week and weekend.

The playoffs are good, but there's no feeling like walking Into that State championship stadium . Hope you win it all, and believe you can, if you contain their QB.

I'll be watching. Ch. 30 here carrie's it.

5 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

A team with an offense made to chew up clock didn't.  TC blew it, Hampton was no juggernaut, just a good, well coached, steady team. 

As far as depth, you are wrong, TC has been a 1-2 player team since 2018-2019.  Again, the feeder program has failed them tremendously in the past 4-5 years.  

Consider yourself reported, Troll. Crawl back in your hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

And I’m glad I was wrong. Hampton was perpared and played a great game. I hope they win it all.

Thanks Dadof, think playing with you guys gave us a little confidence that we could go head to head with the big boys of region 3 and 4. Its a BIG hurdle but one I thought was achievable. Thanks again and like you, I'm glad you were wrong, you was one of the MANY. People who knew who and what we are, pretty much knew this would be a 4 quarter battle.

8 minutes ago, Grunt said:

You two cover it well. Usually, when the quantity of posters goes up, the quality goes down.  Enjoy the week and weekend.

The playoffs are good, but there's no feeling like walking Into that State championship stadium . Hope you win it all, and believe you can, if you contain their QB.

I'll be watching. Ch. 30 here carrie's it.

Yeah I despise the ignorant posters, some people kill the Character of their whole town, you guys for the most part are nothing but Class. Shoot I may wear my Trousdale hoodie next week, I'll sure be pulling for Creasy and Them Oakland Raiders.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Don’t think anyone has claimed TC as a juggernaut themselves. It’s funny but I thought the objective is to make your best players the focal point of your offense…. Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night after you blow out loss last week. It’s funny how you never showed back up on that thread after the fact…. The least you could have done was come give us your best excuse. Move along troll. 

Edited by jacketpharmer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FBI said:

Just curious……….

Out coached? Adjustments? It looked like to me both teams did what they have done all year. Nothing unusual by either team. Hampton blocked TC better than TC blocked Hampton. Play calling doesn’t matter as much as kids executing the call no matter the offense. Execution can make any call look good. 

Change from the Wing-T offense? TC has been to the semifinals the last 4 yrs. Why change? If TC blocks a just a little better they win. That has nothing to do with them being in the spread, I-formation or Wing-T. You still have to block in any scheme. I love the spread but  TC doesn’t have the kids to run it. And just because they have speed doesn’t mean they can or should. Or just because a kid can throw the ball doesn’t mean he should be in the shotgun. There is a lot of good passing plays from the Wing-T. TC just hasn’t been able run them. 

Byvoutcoached I was referring to the adjustment Hampton made in the 4th quarter. Blake did nothing wrong. TC just couldn't move the ball in the 4th quarter I don't think we even got a first down in the 4th. But the game changed when #99 for TC was injured and didn't play in the 4th. It's no secret once Kobyn was out for the season the passing game went with him. Next year TC won't have the backs to run a wing t next season. The spread is also a version of the wing t same principals just have wingbacks out wide in slots. That's basically what Waggoner and Creasy run. The Wing t can be run out of many formations. You are right the blocking wasn't good and Hampton kids made the plays on defense. 

9 minutes ago, RTD said:

Next year TC won't have the backs to run a wing t next season.

I got some bad news for you. If we don’t have backs for the wing t we can’t run anything. The wing t is designed around small bodied, quicker linemen, not based on skill kids. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah I despise the ignorant posters, some people kill the Character of their whole town, you guys for the most part are nothing but Class. Shoot I may wear my Trousdale hoodie next week, I'll sure be pulling for Creasy and Them Oakland Raiders.

That guy/woman has been an issue on all TC boards all year. Anytime TC wins he brings up how TC kids were arrested for drugs or other things which were all false or when worse than that. TC posters are used to the hate from that Ghost. 

3 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I got some bad news for you. If we don’t have backs for the wing t we can’t run anything. The wing t is designed around small bodied, quicker linemen, not based on skill kids. 

Oh I know we are about to enter some hard times for a few years at TC.  I hope I am wrong but this year I think was the best chance we had fr a Gold ball for the next 4-5 years. Every school hits a dry spell. I think in the next 4 years TC will go as far as they are coached up. QB, C, and FB positions are the only 3 spots that I feel good about. But at least I think H2O will have the same issue they will also be down for a few years. When you lose 10-13 seniors from a small 1A school you will feel it next few years. 

27 minutes ago, RTD said:

That guy/woman has been an issue on all TC boards all year. Anytime TC wins he brings up how TC kids were arrested for drugs or other things which were all false or when worse than that. TC posters are used to the hate from that Ghost. 

I've seen the junk all year, sad business.

• Upvote 2