TC at Hampton

tcjacket13

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Dang good posts. 1st class 'pharmer 

Give credit where credit is due. Your boy is player. Most seen the impact he had on offense, especially down the stretch. Equally important were a couple tackles on defense. One of which in the first half when we gave it to #3 going toward the visitor sideline and he came up and made a great tackle on a tough to tackle dude….I think may have saved a TD because he had a lot of room to run if he misses 

@uknoit2 and @pujo my biggest piece of advice going to the BlueCross Bowl would be to go down the night before so you can get to the stadium early and tailgate well before the game. The game itself is special but pair it with the fellowship before the game with family, friends, and fellow Hampton supports and you have one heck of a day to remember no matter the outcome.  

14 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

Agreed. It’s not choking when the other team grabs a hold and takes it.

When you are up by 2 scores, it is kinda choking, no matter how you explain it away.  You guys came in thinking it was a likely lock, but didn't finish out.  Hampton is no super team, just a good, solid, well coached team who exposed your lack of depth and scheme.  This loss feels an awful lot like the Watertown loss, your guys weren't prepared to go. 

9 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

Give credit where credit is due. Your boy is player. Most seen the impact he had on offense, especially down the stretch. Equally important were a couple tackles on defense. One of which in the first half when we gave it to #3 going toward the visitor sideline and he came up and made a great tackle on a tough to tackle dude….I think may have saved a TD because he had a lot of room to run if he misses 

That's a fact, he would've need gone. Our #9 made some big stops also. 

36 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

When you are up by 2 scores, it is kinda choking, no matter how you explain it away.  You guys came in thinking it was a likely lock, but didn't finish out.  Hampton is no super team, just a good, solid, well coached team who exposed your lack of depth and scheme.  This loss feels an awful lot like the Watertown loss, your guys weren't prepared to go. 

I agree that when you are up 2 scores in the 4th, you have to find a way to win it. Plain and simple. TC didn’t turn it over, didn’t take a big game changing penalty, and didn’t give up a huge explosive play in the 4th…. That would be choking it away. Hampton executed when it matters most. To say otherwise is taking away from them. This isn’t college where you got 85 players…. It’s small division high school football. Depth isn’t a reality. Speculate all you want about what TC did or didn’t do. I prefer to give credit where credit is due. They played well, we didn’t .

Edited by jacketpharmer

44 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

@uknoit2 and @pujo my biggest piece of advice going to the BlueCross Bowl would be to go down the night before so you can get to the stadium early and tailgate well before the game. The game itself is special but pair it with the fellowship before the game with family, friends, and fellow Hampton supports and you have one heck of a day to remember no matter the outcome.  

Trust me Pharmer, I wouldn't miss one second, Look out Chattahoochi,the Puge in on the way. May need to borrow Roys foolish goat.

• Like 2