OFFICIATING

GREYRIDERx

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Have you ? I'm sure you'd give Maryville a fair shake if you were , even though you troll every chance you get on a Maryville thread . Winning brings out the haters ... sure Maryville has lost the Last 2 years to Oakland but that doesn't change the fact that over the last 25 years Maryville has ended a lot of dreams . What haters don't realize is that at Maryville we can congratulate Oakland and start thinking about next year already , because every Coach , Player and Maryville fan knows we'll be in the Hunt ( no pun intended ) again next year ... and it'll take another Great team like Oakland to beat us again next year . 

Fair enough. I will admit I can be wrong , sorry if I let anger get the best of me. I was wanting the win so bad, because last year Oakland beat us 49-7 worst lose since 1938. Prior to that 38-0 at Oakland. I apologize to anybody I offended. I agree let’s congratulate Oakland on a great win! They deserve the respect as a great football team! Yes let’s keep it clean on here. Maryville and Oakland will meet again. 

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

Have you ? I'm sure you'd give Maryville a fair shake if you were , even though you troll every chance you get on a Maryville thread . Winning brings out the haters ... sure Maryville has lost the Last 2 years to Oakland but that doesn't change the fact that over the last 25 years Maryville has ended a lot of dreams . What haters don't realize is that at Maryville we can congratulate Oakland and start thinking about next year already , because every Coach , Player and Maryville fan knows we'll be in the Hunt ( no pun intended ) again next year ... and it'll take another Great team like Oakland to beat us again next year . 

Matter fact I was for 12 years. Gave it up because because it got old dealing with people after the games. Gave it up after one of our guys on the crew got into with a fan after the game. Not worth it for what you make for a high school game. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tennesseeo1 said:

Fair enough. I will admit I can be wrong , sorry if I let anger get the best of me. I was wanting the win so bad, because last year Oakland beat us 49-7 worst lose since 1938. Prior to that 38-0 at Oakland. I apologize to anybody I offended. I agree let’s congratulate Oakland on a great win! They deserve the respect as a great football team! Yes let’s keep it clean on here. Maryville and Oakland will meet again. 

Please allow me to correct you. Marevul lost 70-28 to Cleveland in 1993. They lost to Everett 59-6 in 1957.

Tee Hee Hee

11 hours ago, Tennesseeo1 said:

I wasn't addressing you 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, Blaze45 said:

Wow, lots of post about the terrible officiating and shoulda, coulda woulda's, that screwed our team....this is not directed at Maryville but complainers in general,  I bet there wasn't a handful of post saying the same thing in games when they were the benefactor of these bad calls. The truth is it goes both ways, you will be the beneficiary of calls both in your favor and against you all year long. Bad calls don't only exist in the playoffs and don't change momentum only in big games. For those that played at any level, understand that overcoming adversity is what defines championship season.  

Bottom line is Oakland is better than Maryville. The officiating almost never is the deciding factor in a game regardless of how bad it is. Maryville will most likely be back in the semi-finals again in 2022. They are still a great football team who had wins over Powell and Alcoa just this year. 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, MrFootball71 said:

Nationwide shortage of officials in every sport with games cancelled in several states.  A majority of the officials I saw this year in football are older so the problem is going to get a lot worse in the next 5 to 7 years.  Probably should fire the bottom 30-40% and start playing half of the games on Thursday night.  Move freshman games to a different night or play them on Saturday.  News flash, millennials are not interested in being officials, too much coach and fan abuse.  

I agree

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, Charger64 said:

The officiating almost never is the deciding factor in a game regardless of how bad it is.  

ogfz5sfjxuq71.jpg?auto=webp&s=5418a15887

The officiating never affects a game, except when it does! The game was still a very good game. I think it would have been a final possession classic if not for the fumble call. I like when people on the T say, "Don't complain, you won" and "Don't complain, you lost".  A semi-final game deserves better officials in better shape and in the correct positions. Was that the best of the best from that association? Some of the junior posters probably don't realize, the officials come from an association not affiliated with either team. Oakland had a beef a few years back. People kept saying Maryville refs in that one. They were Outlanders then also. Just to be clear, this is a thread about officiating, so can we discuss officiating?  I also like when people come on a thread about officiating and say, don't talk about officiating. You're here and you just did. 

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, Tennesseeo1 said:

I played college football! I know the game inside and out. I know about momentum changers, and no I’m not sour grapes! I’m going to watch Maryville win their 18th state championship next year. You enjoy your day because I sure am. 

Here is a something you may not be aware of.  Many of us have played college football.  I have seen many “blown” calls go Maryville’s way over the years.  Especially at their place.  As my pappy once said…..”the sun doesn’t set on the same old dog all the time.”

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Here is a something you may not be aware of.  Many of us have played college football.  I have seen many “blown” calls go Maryville’s way over the years.  Especially at their place.  As my pappy once said…..”the sun doesn’t set on the same old dog all the time.”

My wife's papaw said it just a little bit different, to make a point. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:39 AM, Red Rebels said:

ogfz5sfjxuq71.jpg?auto=webp&s=5418a15887

The officiating never affects a game, except when it does! The game was still a very good game. I think it would have been a final possession classic if not for the fumble call. I like when people on the T say, "Don't complain, you won" and "Don't complain, you lost".  A semi-final game deserves better officials in better shape and in the correct positions. Was that the best of the best from that association? Some of the junior posters probably don't realize, the officials come from an association not affiliated with either team. Oakland had a beef a few years back. People kept saying Maryville refs in that one. They were Outlanders then also. Just to be clear, this is a thread about officiating, so can we discuss officiating?  I also like when people come on a thread about officiating and say, don't talk about officiating. You're here and you just did. 

Only way you fix these problems is to have them reviewed like college and the pros do. Those officials miss a call and the only difference is they can review it. I guess we need to move reviewing to high school now. But remember that call could go against you in a tight game.

1 hour ago, rollnoles said:

Only way you fix these problems is to have them reviewed like college and the pros do. Those officials miss a call and the only difference is they can review it. I guess we need to move reviewing to high school now. But remember that call could go against you in a tight game.

Maybe it’s just me, but I am not for reviews. Players and coaches make more mistakes during a game than officials do. However, there could be some more accountability toward the officials who are either too afraid to make the call or make calls out a spite. It’s not always obvious, but often times it is.