East Nashville vs Alcoa 3a Championship

EastNasty

28 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

UCS isn’t a Giles fan……Definitely hasn’t been an Alcoa fan of the past, but has gotten much better. :thumb:

Havent heard much about East Nash. I know they beat a pretty confident Dyersburg team. They definitely deserve to be in this game. Tell us a little about the team. Best players and their position, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, number of players and depth to start.

So #1 Amarion Ford is the wheel that makes the truck go. They will run the ball 85-90% of the time with him getting the vast majority of the carries. Sometimes the qb will fake the handoff and look to keep it. But if I was Alcoa I would sell out on Ford most of the time. They will look to pop you deep at opportune times. Pretty good at it with some speedy receivers but again the run game is their bread and butter. I will say this. Prior to the Dburg game I looked at stats from their win over Whitehouse. No turnovers and very few penalties. Have played and seen many inner city teams over the years that stood out to me. And what do you know, against Dyersburg very few penalties and no turnovers. They don’t beat themselves. #1 the running back is secure with the ball. 

42 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So #1 Amarion Ford is the wheel that makes the truck go. They will run the ball 85-90% of the time with him getting the vast majority of the carries. Sometimes the qb will fake the handoff and look to keep it. But if I was Alcoa I would sell out on Ford most of the time. They will look to pop you deep at opportune times. Pretty good at it with some speedy receivers but again the run game is their bread and butter. I will say this. Prior to the Dburg game I looked at stats from their win over Whitehouse. No turnovers and very few penalties. Have played and seen many inner city teams over the years that stood out to me. And what do you know, against Dyersburg very few penalties and no turnovers. They don’t beat themselves. #1 the running back is secure with the ball. 

Nice info! Thanks as usual BPM! :thumb: How bout depth on both sides of the los? Is there any drop off in talent with subs?

Hopefully Nix and company have some kind of scheme to contain their speed…

Edited by Throwdeslant

46 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just for comparison, what kind of game would you expect if this East Nashville team played last years Milan team on a neutral field tomorrow??

18 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Nice info! Thanks as usual BPM! :thumb: How bout depth on both sides of the los? Is there any drop off in talent with subs?

Hopefully Nix and company have some kind of scheme to contain their speed…

I did not notice a lot of subbing for them. They didn’t look to have a huge number dressed on their sidelines. Dburg dressed about 60 and they noticeably had more. The line of scrimmage had some big ole boys for East Nasty but you guys will be bigger. They play well in the trenches though and run block well. The Ford kid is legit at RB. 

15 minutes ago, F5seekshelter said:

Just for comparison, what kind of game would you expect if this East Nashville team played last years Milan team on a neutral field tomorrow??

Both good teams but in my opinion Milan would win. I think maybe a 21-7 or 21-14 type game. They deep balls that have connected versus teams this year they would not connect on against Milan. Milan had two D1 kids in the secondary last year and another one that is at Ut Martin now. I think PC had a much better passing game last year and Milan picked the 3 times. Not being able to pass would allow Milan to key in on the run which is East’s bread and butter. East is definitely capable of winning that game if Milan makes mistakes. Both are good teams and East is legit just don’t think they are close to yalls level. 

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Both good teams but in my opinion Milan would win. I think maybe a 21-7 or 21-14 type game. They deep balls that have connected versus teams this year they would not connect on against Milan. Milan had two D1 kids in the secondary last year and another one that is at Ut Martin now. I think PC had a much better passing game last year and Milan picked the 3 times. Not being able to pass would allow Milan to key in on the run which is East’s bread and butter. East is definitely capable of winning that game if Milan makes mistakes. Both are good teams and East is legit just don’t think they are close to yalls level. 

:thumb: Safe travels. Looking forward to meeting up with y’all. See ya there!!

18 hours ago, 0000 said:

You obviously don’t know football. East will dominate Giles. Giles knew the only way they could advance in the playoffs was to pray they got put in a new region. I bet east won’t have 5 darn turnovers lol. You sound butt hurt that y’all got smashed last week. Alcoa freshman were in when they gave y’all 12 points

We didn’t get smashed last week. We lost a close game at Elizabethton. Not sure who you think you’re talking to.  So if what you say is true then East will give Alcoa a great game so we shall see. I highly doubt it but we are about to find out. 

Edited by UCSportsFan