Maryville 2022

REBELRON

On 5/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, Red Rebels said:

There will be video at/from the Skeeter Dome. I think Scott averaged about $3.00 an hour for all the time he put in doing video for football, basketball, baseball, soccer, 100 yards with ____ , and everything else. 

He also taught three classes:

Level 1: A/V Production I
Level 2: A/V Production II
Level 3: A/V Production III

He also coached a little basketball. 

I'm hearing that they're having trouble selling video board advertisements (touch down, first down sponsors) because of no Scott West.  There's no one to coordinate the video and graphics plus they need someone to run all the ads during the game.  Hopefully, they'll find someone to replace Scoot soon although many don't work (not much) during the summer break.

Edited by OldRebel2

4 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

His departure had nothing to do with the money.  Scott West loved doing what he did for Maryville, regardless of the money.

Thx OR2. That info raises even more questions. Good luck to Coach West. I’m confident they will find someone. I’ve heard good things about the new hoops coach. She may relate a little better. Time will tell.

40 minutes ago, strongx said:

Thx OR2. That info raises even more questions. Good luck to Coach West. I’m confident they will find someone. I’ve heard good things about the new hoops coach. She may relate a little better. Time will tell.

Scott took the team to state 2 of the last three years and is the winningest MHS girls basketball coach of all times.  He must have related fairly well. 

5 hours ago, strongx said:

Facts:

1) Scott West loved Maryville High School.

2) He resigned as MHS head girls basketball coach.

3) He has taken a head basketball coaching job at Eagleton College & Career Academy. 

I am out of the loop but I did carefully read the Daily Times article the day after Scott resigned as girls coach, paying special attention to who he mentioned and more importantly who he didn’t mention in his article quotes. IMO, that article indirectly shed some light on why he resigned as coach.

Good luck to Coach West. Any history on the new coach? I heard she was connected to the travel circuit…whatever that means. 

From the pic I saw OR2, she looked fairly young. Usually younger relates better to younger, but not always I guess. Hopefully she will get plenty of support.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Everyone eventually leaves for some reason or another. Glad you mentioned he was going to Eagleton College & Career Center because I was thinking today was I dreaming that or did someone tell me that. Hope Coach West the best and we'll sure miss him. Always a delight to hear on the TV football games.

Very true- change is inevitable. Coach West had a very good run at MHS and I wish him well at Eagleton. I also hope the new girls coach does well at MHS.

As for football, I’m sure MHS can find another tech guru to run the NFHS broadcasts. However, Scott’s on-air personality will be much tougher to replace. He did a great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm a 7v7 at Maryville next week with Anderson County?   Word around the water cooler is that the Mavs are headed over to get some work in with the Red Rebels.  Mavs have gotten work at Alcoa in recent years, but I hear this year, they are headed to Downtown Maryville.  If anyone hears the date and time, please add it on, so we can make the trip out to Mary-Vegas.

11 hours ago, olhickory said:

Can anyone confirm a 7v7 at Maryville next week with Anderson County?   Word around the water cooler is that the Mavs are headed over to get some work in with the Red Rebels.  Mavs have gotten work at Alcoa in recent years, but I hear this year, they are headed to Downtown Maryville.  If anyone hears the date and time, please add it on, so we can make the trip out to Mary-Vegas.

I think I heard the same. Maybe somebody connected to the program can chime in.