Scott Cummings the new head football coach at Oak Ridge!

ORWildcats1

20 hours ago, cbg said:

Will Coach Scott Cummings be able to win and compete for a state championship if he is unable to bring in his assistant coaches due to teaching positions being occupied by people that are coaching at other schools?

Follow the adventures of William Blount about a coach from a winning team and a state championship to his record that could only bring in one coach and he left after the first year there and this may answer your question.

5 hours ago, bounder said:

Guess No News is Good News! Anybody heard anything about assistant coach hires?

Wish I had better news for you Papa B, but it is proving to be very difficult and slow going.  Hard to ask a guy to quit coaching where he's at and come be a volunteer assistant or work only for the assistant coaching supplement, which don't pay the bills.  

3 hours ago, bounder said:

Yeah I figured that was gonna be a problem. Got to clean house of all the guys teaching at Oak Ridge and coaching somewhere else. But that ain't really fair to them either. Dang what a mess we got ourselves into!

ONLY IN OAK RIDGE

I would challenge anybody on here to give me the name of a school anywhere, USA that has 7 former coaches still holding jobs within the high school building. This is preventing us from hiring a coaching staff.  We have a school board that won't help out the situation, while they have the ability to change/fix/help, they refuse to do so.  I don't want to name names on here of these former coaches, because these former coaches have families to feed and they didn't create this bs system or policy that allows this nonsense to go on.  But 3 of them are no longer coaching  and 4 coach at other area schools.  I've said all along that we are all about to find out if being good at football is still a priority within the City of Oak Ridge.  Unfortunately, it looks like we all know that answer at this point, and it just sucks. 

We are sending our new coach to a gunfight with a pocket knife.  Only in Oak Ridge!

Edited by oridgecat

10 hours ago, oridgecat said:

ONLY IN OAK RIDGE

I would challenge anybody on here to give me the name of a school anywhere, USA that has 7 former coaches still holding jobs within the high school building. This is preventing us from hiring a coaching staff.  We have a school board that won't help out the situation, while they have the ability to change/fix/help, they refuse to do so.  I don't want to name names on here of these former coaches, because these former coaches have families to feed and they didn't create this bs system or policy that allows this nonsense to go on.  But 3 of them are no longer coaching  and 4 coach at other area schools.  I've said all along that we are all about to find out if being good at football is still a priority within the City of Oak Ridge.  Unfortunately, it looks like we all know that answer at this point, and it just sucks. 

We are sending our new coach to a gunfight with a pocket knife.  Only in Oak Ridge!

This could potentially happen anywhere. You can’t remove a tenured teacher just because they relinquish a coaching position, even if the teaching positions have traditionally been coaching slots. 

• Like 2