TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Nice win by Gleason. Edie hasn’t been the same since her injury. 

I think Gleason can go a long way.  It was a good game until half and then Gleason took over.  Greenfield can beat Gleason at home if things fall right.  

McKenzie is the best class A team in the state by a margin then you can lump 5-6 teams below them that could get hot and make a run. Gleason and Greenfield are two of those teams.  

West Tennessee will win Class A this year.  

Loretto and then Gibson County are my picks for AA. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I think Gleason can go a long way.  It was a good game until half and then Gleason took over.  Greenfield can beat Gleason at home if things fall right.  

McKenzie is the best class A team in the state by a margin then you can lump 5-6 teams below them that could get hot and make a run. Gleason and Greenfield are two of those teams.  

West Tennessee will win Class A this year.  

Loretto and then Gibson County are my picks for AA. 

Gleason going to Middle Tennessee and beating Clay County by double digits kinda has me thinking West TN is strong in Single A especially with McKenzie beating Gleason by 10 or so. Loretto I would agree is the favorite especially since they held the crown and are undefeated. But man AA is loaded and I can see 6 or 7 different teams with a shot if they get hot. I also think Greenfield and Gleason in West Tennessee are teams that could get hot and make a run West TN. Lots of good Single A teams that are in that category across the state as well. 

• Like 1

So I've seen a few Facebook posts about the Greenfield-Gleason game and the videos i saw were disturbing. Was the game chippy at all??????? Because if it was, I can see the physical play. But if not, some of these hard aggressive cheap shots by Greenfield's players is something I don't condemn in basketball EVER. And the TSSAA needs to get involved here.

Edited by dmm88

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

So I've seen a few Facebook posts about the Greenfield-Gleason game and the videos i saw were disturbing. Was the game chippy at all??????? Because if it was, I can see the physical play. But if not, some of these hard aggressive cheap shots by Greenfield's players is something I don't condemn in basketball EVER. And the TSSAA needs to get involved here.

What happened?

I was looking through upcoming schedules this morning. Gibson County looks to have added a game with Bartlett on Jan 27. Bartlett is loaded - D1 guard and a high D1 post player. South Gibson looks to have added McCracken County KY and Collierville. I haven’t seen Collierville (huge school and their record looks good on here) but I saw McCracken this summer. They’re REALLY good!

I’m impressed that Gibson and South Gibson are adding that level of opponents at this point in the season. Has to help get ready for postseason play

42 minutes ago, maddams said:

I was looking through upcoming schedules this morning. Gibson County looks to have added a game with Bartlett on Jan 27. Bartlett is loaded - D1 guard and a high D1 post player. South Gibson looks to have added McCracken County KY and Collierville. I haven’t seen Collierville (huge school and their record looks good on here) but I saw McCracken this summer. They’re REALLY good!

I’m impressed that Gibson and South Gibson are adding that level of opponents at this point in the season. Has to help get ready for postseason play

Hey we getting our money’s worth over here right?? South Gibson is the most improved team maybe in the state. Playing fast and getting after it. I predict big things for them as long as she stays there and their administration acts civilized. Reason I say this is they have a great real estate market and attract out of towner’s any way. Matter of time they will get some attractive talent move in to go with the good talent they already have. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Hey we getting our money’s worth over here right?? South Gibson is the most improved team maybe in the state. Playing fast and getting after it. I predict big things for them as long as she stays there and their administration acts civilized. Reason I say this is they have a great real estate market and attract out of towner’s any way. Matter of time they will get some attractive talent move in to go with the good talent they already have. 

The quality of basketball being played in your area is impressive. GC, Westview, SGC, McKenzie, Crockett Co…

I wish I could make it to the Bartlett/GC game. Hard to win at GC and I’m sure Wilkins will have a solid game plan, but Bartlett is really big and really talented

1 hour ago, maddams said:

The quality of basketball being played in your area is impressive. GC, Westview, SGC, McKenzie, Crockett Co…

I wish I could make it to the Bartlett/GC game. Hard to win at GC and I’m sure Wilkins will have a solid game plan, but Bartlett is really big and really talented

South Side is for real too and may be the best of us all. Wilkins has played a bunch this year: Ensworth, Upperman, Webb School, Oakland, Warren County, Grainger, Gatlinburg Pittman, Middle Tennessee Christian, CPA, Goodpasture….played the best in Arkansas as well this summer and Fall. Westview game will be for real as well. Just play them and see what happens. You lose you learn. You win, go to the next one. Keep battling.

4 hours ago, maddams said:

Ok you picked us and Westview to split. What is the tie breaker in case it does happen?? Used to be point differential. Can’t remember a coin flip in a while. Pretty sure it has been point differential in past but hasn’t happend in a while. 

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side is for real too and may be the best of us all. Wilkins has played a bunch this year: Ensworth, Upperman, Webb School, Oakland, Warren County, Grainger, Gatlinburg Pittman, Middle Tennessee Christian, CPA, Goodpasture….played the best in Arkansas as well this summer and Fall. Westview game will be for real as well. Just play them and see what happens. You lose you learn. You win, go to the next one. Keep battling.

You said a mouthful there! The tough schedule will only help you come tournament time! It’s almost a new season! Like I said before good luck to y’all! Hopefully we will represent West Tn in Murfreesboro this year!