Sub-State Predictions In The Area

BallIsLife1

4 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Watching Page now, and they don't look impressive. #3 is okay, but I don't see much else that catches my eye. Don't think they can handle the pressure defense of South Side OR South Gibson.

I was there too buddy. Wish I could’ve met you! I agree with you though. . . Page was not all that impressive to me either. This was the second time I’ve watched them this year and thought they were just “good” not “great” both times. #3 is pretty good but tends to foul a lot. She fouled out tonight. I think once they play some of the better AAA teams, they’ll get exposed. They’re decent though but not dominant. 

39 minutes ago, biggz1517 said:

I was there too buddy. Wish I could’ve met you! I agree with you though. . . Page was not all that impressive to me either. This was the second time I’ve watched them this year and thought they were just “good” not “great” both times. #3 is pretty good but tends to foul a lot. She fouled out tonight. I think once they play some of the better AAA teams, they’ll get exposed. They’re decent though but not dominant. 

If South Side can score 50 a game, they will be very hard to beat. 45 may be all they need with their defense. Never know what might happen late in the year. Always some teams get hot that weren’t hot. Teams that were hot cool off. Never know really what is going to happen. Kinda what makes the tournaments special. The unknown.

Edited by pioneer42

27 minutes ago, biggz1517 said:

was the score 30-10 at the half versus a good Lincoln county team?  i am no coach but as a fan of basketball 43 to 16 is dominant after only three quarters of play and with your top two scorers having played only ten minutes each.  

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

If South Side can score 50 a game, they will be very hard to beat. 45 may be all they need with their defense. Never know what might happen late in the year. Always some teams get out that weren’t hot. Teams that were hot cool off. Never know really what is going to happen. Kinda what makes the tournaments special. The unknown.

Man!! I went to watch SS when they played South Gibson a couple weeks ago and that defense was furious!! I think they’re ranked 2nd in AAA! Coach McNeal has built a great program there and that defense he coach’s up is scary to play against! Looking at their schedule, they average upper 50-low 60 per game. If they give that with their defense. . . . Ewwww

Teams better watch out for them!

5 minutes ago, biggz1517 said:

Man!! I went to watch SS when they played South Gibson a couple weeks ago and that defense was furious!! I think they’re ranked 2nd in AAA! Coach McNeal has built a great program there and that defense he coach’s up is scary to play against!

Thank you for the recognition. It feels good to have our program gaining that type of respect. Speaking of the game at Medina, the next day Coach McNeal compared it to a substate atmosphere. I saw him at church 2 days after the game, told him how proud I was of all their hard work. Told him 'I think we took another step on that night'. (Meaning toward the St Tournament and who knows what more) @HawkGuy06 and I had a front row seat that night.

Referencing the original postings picks in 3A, the SS girls have 2 wins each over 3 of the teams mentioned. Medina, Fayette Ware and Covington. All three of the road trips were in super hostile environments.

Gaining confidence.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

5 minutes ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Thank you for the recognition. It feels good to have our program gaining that type of respect. Speaking of the game at Medina, the next day Coach McNeal compared it to a substate atmosphere. I saw him at church 2 days after the game, told him how proud I was of all their hard work. Told him 'I think we took another step on that night'. (Meaning toward the St Tournament and who knows what more) @HawkGuy06 and I had a front row seat that night.

Referencing the original postings picks in 3A, the SS girls have 2 wins each over 3 of the teams mentioned. Medina, Fayette Ware and Covington. All three of the road trips were in super hostile environments.

Gaining confidence.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

y'all have a lot to be proud of!  Loretto will be rooting for y'all to make it all the way in the boro!

27 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

was the score 30-10 at the half versus a good Lincoln county team?  i am no coach but as a fan of basketball 43 to 16 is dominant after only three quarters of play and with your top two scorers having played only ten minutes each.  

Yeah, that was the score, but that record of Lincoln Co. is nothing man. They are not that good of a team AT ALL!! They had more “unforced” turnovers than points. It was a lot of home cooking going on too! Your refs are terrible and you could definitely tell they like Page. No, that wasn’t the reason for the win, but they weren’t going to ever let that game get close. . . LC is not good. . . Page is again good but not great. Maybe it was a bad night for them. . . #3 seems pretty good but fouled out. #00 plays ZERO defense! #23 was OK. . . Can’t remember anyone else, but I wasn’t impressed. 

3 hours ago, biggz1517 said:

Yeah, that was the score, but that record of Lincoln Co. is nothing man. They are not that good of a team AT ALL!! They had more “unforced” turnovers than points. It was a lot of home cooking going on too! Your refs are terrible and you could definitely tell they like Page. No, that wasn’t the reason for the win, but they weren’t going to ever let that game get close. . . LC is not good. . . Page is again good but not great. Maybe it was a bad night for them. . . #3 seems pretty good but fouled out. #00 plays ZERO defense! #23 was OK. . . Can’t remember anyone else, but I wasn’t impressed. 

#1 team in 3A!!!!!! It should be fun