AAAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

7 minutes ago, JayMurr16 said:

How about Dobyns Bennett?? Roll tribe!!

Wow! I knew DB had it in them if they could just put it all together. I was happy with beating Coffee Co. and getting to the final four. I guess they might as well go ahead and play for the championship while their down there. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Wow! I knew DB had it in them if they could just put it all together. I was happy with beating Coffee Co. and getting to the final four. I guess they might as well go ahead and play for the championship while their down there. 

Congrats to DB from a Hampton fan. I hope we are able to play on Saturday also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Stump with 27 in round 1 and then Gillespie with 27 today. Nice to see them shine in big moments. Stat lines don’t look too great for Hale scoring wise in these past 2 but hits the buzzer beater. Love to see that confidence. 

Dobyns-Bennett Indians, 2022 4A Basketball State Champions. I like the sound of that. Honestly didn't think I'd see them win a state championship in one of the big 3 sports in my lifetime. Can't say they lucked into it either. Beat 3 very good teams to get it. Great job by the players and especially the coach. Turns out that "national search" was a good ideal. I am now convinced they got the best guy. Buck Van Huss was the best high school basketball coach that ever lived in my opinion. And he couldn't win a state championship at DB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Dobyns-Bennett Indians, 2022 4A Basketball State Champions. I like the sound of that. Honestly didn't think I'd see them win a state championship in one of the big 3 sports in my lifetime. Can't say they lucked into it either. Beat 3 very good teams to get it. Great job by the players and especially the coach. Turns out that "national search" was a good ideal. I am now convinced they got the best guy. Buck Van Huss was the best high school basketball coach that ever lived in my opinion. And he couldn't win a state championship at DB. 

Waco, I principal Poore in HS. Quality human, focused and way beyond his years in maturity. You have a good one as well as Greeneville has a good one.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1