2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

Just now, LorettoGuy said:

Nah they didn’t just lose. Loretto beat the brakes off them like Cascade did. He ran that mouth about both Loretto and Cascade just to get thumped. He’s been real quiet too. I’d like to hear his thoughts on the Loretto/Richland game this week.

Toss up. Neither team wins more than 1 playoff game. 

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

We dont need to be about negativity 

I agree 100%. No room for negativity in Region 5-2A.  Good luck to all region teams this Friday!

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

To be fair, he called 3 of the 4 playoff teams

Only one missed was the preseason favorite that was also picked by every media source in the state. So an outstanding preseason call. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 2:53 PM, Salem said:

Preseason Picks (based on Coach T hype)

1. Forrest  8-2       5-0 in region

2. Mt Pleasant  7-3      4-1 region

3. Richland  8-2    3-2 Region

4. Cascade 5-5      2-3 Region

4. Loretto  4-6      2-3 Region

6. Summertown 2-8  0-5 Region 

Good Luck to Everyone in Region Tonight! Congrats to Richland on the big win. 

Speaking of preseason predictions and positivity!

Edited by Salem
slant through the glaring miss

44 minutes ago, Salem said:

Watching Mt Pleasant highlights on the unapproved website and wow! Huge challenge for the shorthanded Rockets this week. Unbelievable turnaround for the Tigers. This team won 1 game in 2020 and now this. As a guy on here says over and over - Coaching Matters!

Yes it does. Speaking of coaching is Rice available after this year or his he contracted to Summertown still? 

15 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Yes it does. Speaking of coaching is Rice available after this year or his he contracted to Summertown still? 

Should be a free agent. When he left an article said his insurance situation would be worked out in December and he could go wherever. Said he wanted to work with Summertown "this season" and principal hoped they could work it out in the spring but Rice was "noncommittal" on a return to Summertown. Would be a great hire for Cornersville but I think a better fit at another Marshall County school. :popcorneater:

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

Should be a free agent. When he left an article said his insurance situation would be worked out in December and he could go wherever. Said he wanted to work with Summertown "this season" and principal hoped they could work it out in the spring but Rice was "noncommittal" on a return to Summertown. Would be a great hire for Cornersville but I think a better fit at another Marshall County school. :popcorneater:

Don’t get the Generals hopes up. However I do agree that he may be a better fit on the northern end of the county.. The way Stown is growing they could easily move to 3a. next cycle.