2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

1 hour ago, Salem said:

It was more a knock of Forrest's season than another shot at Loretto. After the game against the Mustangs some in the Forrest program were trying to spin it as Loretto is an elite 2A team this year. Fact is Loretto 2022 is comparable to LHS of the past 3-4 years and Forrest  is in a recession. Best win so far in 2022 is against a 5-4,   #4 seed Cascade. Other 3 wins are against non playoff Forrest (3-6), Collinwood (2-7), and Summertown (1-8). Loretto positively has some very good players in spots but overall they are a .500 2A team. 

Which is a fair assessment. But if you watch every game, our boys seem to shoot them selves in the foot time and time again. No excuse for the Wayne County loss. Moore County was better and deserved to win. Would not say MTP is the better team. If there is a rematch I like us. Offense played horrible against Lewis County, (wouldn’t happen again). Lawrence County won a shootout when the defense had not improved yet. But part of being a good team is winning the close ones which Loretto has not done this year. 

1 hour ago, LorettoGuy said:

I would definitely take Loretto in a rematch. Once our boys finally woke up from the long bus ride it was over. Our boys score on big plays been doing it all year. Should have scored more. Missed some opportunities down the field. Both teams missed opportunities. Get out of here with your excuses. Talking about missing players, we have been missing our best receiver for the majority of the season….

85% of the time we had our best linebacker #7 blitzing and I don’t think y’all completed a single pass and only managed one first down… All 23 points came when there was no blitz and one play in particular when our cornerback  went down with a cramp mid play… We blitz 100% of the time in a rematch and y’all don’t get a first down… Also, speedy  #12 is the new cornerback so good luck beating him deep…#10 hits like a linebacker rather than a corner-Finally they moved him to linebacker!

19 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

85% of the time we had our best linebacker #7 blitzing and I don’t think y’all completed a single pass and only managed one first down… All 23 points came when there was no blitz and one play in particular when our cornerback  went down with a cramp mid play… We blitz 100% of the time in a rematch and y’all don’t get a first down… Also, speedy  #12 is the new cornerback so good luck beating him deep…#10 hits like a linebacker rather than a corner-Finally they moved him to linebacker!

Sounds like the coaches will have it all figured out by the time the season ends. What do they do in the spring or summer practice sessions? 

3 hours ago, Salem said:

It was more a knock of Forrest's season than another shot at Loretto. After the game against the Mustangs some in the Forrest program were trying to spin it as Loretto is an elite 2A team this year. Fact is Loretto 2022 is comparable to LHS of the past 3-4 years and Forrest  is in a recession. Best win so far in 2022 is against a 5-4,   #4 seed Cascade. Other 3 wins are against non playoff Forrest (3-6), Collinwood (2-7), and Summertown (1-8). Loretto positively has some very good players in spots but overall they are a .500 2A team. 

Exactly right, average team, but no denying they have some good skill players…

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Sounds like the coaches will have it all figured out by the time the season ends. What do they do in the spring or summer practice sessions? 

Well, I have been impressed with the DC, he’s new to the program/boys —and we lost three starters just before the season started… but I have been thinking about that most recent change for at least one month and now it’s finally been implemented…