Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

When people get into talking about scheduling, I think they forget to figure in the budget for travel and other things.

Not sure if has been mentioned because just jumped in a the tail end of this thread, but another reason some of the home and home series for some of the teams mentioned here are there are 2 programs at each school and the coaches for both boys and girls have to agree play the game against another school. Maybe the girls coach wants to play a certain school but the boys coach doesnt, or vice versa. Makes it difficult if you have a coach standing in the way to get a strong schedule against quality opponents and then throw the economic wrinkle into the mix for budget and travel.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Not sure if has been mentioned because just jumped in a the tail end of this thread, but another reason some of the home and home series for some of the teams mentioned here are there are 2 programs at each school and the coaches for both boys and girls have to agree play the game against another school. Maybe the girls coach wants to play a certain school but the boys coach doesnt, or vice versa. Makes it difficult if you have a coach standing in the way to get a strong schedule against quality opponents and then throw the economic wrinkle into the mix for budget and travel.

Yes this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you are right. 

Reading through all the threads let me try to clear up some things I’ve been hearing in west TN ball.

region 7 there will be 2 teams from district 13aaa that go to state. My bet would be between crockett, dyer county, d burg.

Fayette ware maybe upsets one of them but they do not return everyone all their starters transferred to a school in Mississippi.

Dyerburg would have had a girl eligible this year that came from dyer county. But she moved back to dyer county during the summer because did not like Dburg they did get another girl from dyer county but she will not be eligible till next year. 

dyer county is not going to be as down as everyone thinks they did lose 3 seniors one being their best player but another one was a role player. And they got a move in also. 

obions best player from last year has quit the team, they will be no contest. 

crockett returns everyone. They maybe the favorite. Dyerburg dyer county will be battles a lot of bad blood and Strayhorn wants to win so bad. They may be one year away. 
I still believe whoever goes to the region championship in region 7 will go to state 

region 6 same way Southside and south Gibson will be in region championship game and both of them will go to state. No questions there. 

1 hour ago, Bballhoops1 said:

Reading through all the threads let me try to clear up some things I’ve been hearing in west TN ball.

region 7 there will be 2 teams from district 13aaa that go to state. My bet would be between crockett, dyer county, d burg.

Fayette ware maybe upsets one of them but they do not return everyone all their starters transferred to a school in Mississippi.

Dyerburg would have had a girl eligible this year that came from dyer county. But she moved back to dyer county during the summer because did not like Dburg they did get another girl from dyer county but she will not be eligible till next year. 

dyer county is not going to be as down as everyone thinks they did lose 3 seniors one being their best player but another one was a role player. And they got a move in also. 

crockett returns everyone. They maybe the favorite. Dyerburg dyer county will be battles a lot of bad blood and Strayhorn wants to win so bad. They may be one year away. 
I still believe whoever goes to the region championship in region 7 will go to state 

region 6 same way Southside and south Gibson will be in region championship game and both of them will go to state. No questions there. 

I agree with most of this.  Only thing I'll add relates to South Side and South Gibson.  They should play each other in the region championship, but the loser of that game likely has to go to Creek Wood for substate.  That's a 3 hour drive for either one of them.  I think South Side would be too athletic for Creek Wood to play with, but Creek Wood could be a problem for South Gibson, especially on the road.  I saw Creek Wood this summer - they have two really good players that can get 20 each on any given night.  

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I agree with most of this.  Only thing I'll add relates to South Side and South Gibson.  They should play each other in the region championship, but the loser of that game likely has to go to Creek Wood for substate.  That's a 3 hour drive for either one of them.  I think South Side would be too athletic for Creek Wood to play with, but Creek Wood could be a problem for South Gibson, especially on the road.  I saw Creek Wood this summer - they have two really good players that can get 20 each on any given night.  

True but they bring their whole team back, they lost their point guard in region championship last year or they would have played creekwood last year. I think creekwood would have won last year against them, but not this year. The point guard that got hurt last year is really good 

6 hours ago, maddams said:

4 hours ago, Bballhoops1 said:

True but they bring their whole team back, they lost their point guard in region championship last year or they would have played creekwood last year. I think creekwood would have won last year against them, but not this year. The point guard that got hurt last year is really good 

Summer games don’t mean a ton but for the record I think South Gibson beat Creekwood 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 this summer. Creekwood is good I will agree. South Gibson I hear has been working a ton on their own and that is really good. I expect them to be a handful. 

8 hours ago, Bballhoops1 said:

Dyer county lost 3 staters to graduation plus a 4th starter who is now at  Dyersburg.