Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

She's kinda overshadowed but #23 Reynolds is a great player in her own right. She played a tremendous game last night to keep McKenzie close.

Hope Davis is not hurt bad. Keep us up to date on her. Great effort no doubt. Huntingdon is going to be a handful too. 

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, maddams said:

Davis, Sims and Harrison are all great players.  My opinion - Harrison is the most talented of the three but doesn't always play hard.  When Harrison decides to play, she is almost unstoppable. 

I don't she plays as hard "out of the gate" so she can stay out of foul trouble by design. She's a leaper and normally starts being more aggressive in the 2nd half of games that I've watched them play over the last years, especially when it comes to the defense. It seemed her freshman year, she'd end up on the bench a lot with foul troubles but it appears that she understands that she needs to be on the court late in the game when it matters. I used to think that too about her taking plays off, but I think that is by design for the most part. It's almost every game in the 1st half and then it's turned up a notch in the 2nd. That keeps her from getting #3 too early. IMO

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

20 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I was not expecting #23 to play like she did. She's a gamer and is good as well. Mckenzie has the talent and support to win 1A again. IMO

Rumor I'm hearing is Ms Davis has a finger injury and will miss extended time. If so it's a shame, she really knows how to play the game. McKenzie will certainly miss her.

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Rumor I'm hearing is Ms Davis has a finger injury and will miss extended time. If so it's a shame, she really knows how to play the game. McKenzie will certainly miss her.

Well I hope she gets back soon. She's a talent and is on a different level. Someone had said that they thought she either broke a bone or tore a finger tendon. 

3 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

What did Summertown coach do that turned out so bad?  Folks were saying in another thread that Wayne County could challenge McKenzie and if that’s the case then WC must be pretty good

Summertown Up 14 in 1st half  never called time out when WC started a run - up 10 w 1:50 left keep shooting 3s like we behind still no TO let them catch up - called TO when 10 down w 1.8 seconds left - that’s correct 1.8 seconds but had no 10 point play to call 

17 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown Up 14 in 1st half  never called time out when WC started a run - up 10 w 1:50 left keep shooting 3s like we behind still no TO let them catch up - called TO when 10 down w 1.8 seconds left - that’s correct 1.8 seconds but had no 10 point play to call 

Wow Summertown went from up 10 with 1:50 left to losing by 10.  That’s quite a turnaround if I’m reading that correctly 

2 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

Wow Summertown went from up 10 with 1:50 left to losing by 10.  That’s quite a turnaround if I’m reading that correctly 

You are correct sir to many MVPs not enough captains as my old coach use to say - if you watch lot of state tournament games very seldom do the run and gun offense win it’s those teams that know how to keep a lead - doesn’t matter you win by 1 or 30 - needed to practice that in these games so you know how to do it when it really matters - we were up by 14 at one point 

11 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

You are correct sir to many MVPs not enough captains as my old coach use to say - if you watch lot of state tournament games very seldom do the run and gun offense win it’s those teams that know how to keep a lead - doesn’t matter you win by 1 or 30 - needed to practice that in these games so you know how to do it when it really matters - we were up by 14 at one point 

Up 10 in 1st half w 1:50 to play