Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

On 3/31/2022 at 10:04 AM, logcabinman said:

Alcoa will be a contender.  They return pretty much everyone.  One of their best players injured her knee and did not play most of the year.

People seem to forget the Tornado girls. Also the Gatlinburg Pitman girls. The East teams that played in the semifinals last yr. Both teams reloaded with freshman talent also. Also don’t leave out Mcminn Central chargers either

59 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

People seem to forget the Tornado girls. Also the Gatlinburg Pitman girls. The East teams that played in the semifinals last yr. Both teams reloaded with freshman talent also. Also don’t leave out Mcminn Central chargers either

Alcoa, Gatlinburg Pitman, McMinn Central and South Green all have my attention. East is always tough. 

Westview #1 by a mile if they stay healthy. Gibson County losing Micah Hart is going to hurt. She was very, very good. That leads me back to Westview, right now, all is good. But afraid Westview is going to see just how much they miss Angelina Barr down the stretch and in the playoffs. She never got the press she deserved on that team. WV is still star studded, no doubt about that. If they stay healthy, the title is theirs to lose. 

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

Westview #1 by a mile if they stay healthy. Gibson County losing Micah Hart is going to hurt. She was very, very good. That leads me back to Westview, right now, all is good. But afraid Westview is going to see just how much they miss Angelina Barr down the stretch and in the playoffs. She never got the press she deserved on that team. WV is still star studded, no doubt about that. If they stay healthy, the title is theirs to lose. 

Westview for sure is the favorite. Gibson Co beating South Gibson tells me you better not take them lightly. Huntingdon's Fillies are 7-1 and are averaging  over 70 pts. a game. Fillies have some size and depth and are playing pretty good right now. 

1 hour ago, westtn12 said:

I don’t think GC lost Micah Hart???

Im thinking he meant to say Madison instead of Micah. They are both very talented ball players. 

I also saw where Madison got player of the week for the Mid South Conference playing for Bethel, very impressive as a Freshman. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

On 12/5/2022 at 9:16 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

McMinn Central girls will be hosting a substate game against the Region 1 runner-up. 
York Institute appears to have a very good team. 

13 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

I've watched our teams from the West for over 30 years, but I wouldn't say Westview by a mile this year. I think they are the favorite and have the best player in the State on their team, but winning it all takes a lot of skill, heart, and a little luck here or there. They play very businesslike and for a high school team over the last decade, they don't show much emotion. AA has some very good teams at the top and I think the post-season will be interesting. Barr was very good at taking up space, but that zone that Westview plays just messes up tempo and it's strange to watch when high flying teams go against them. You can visibly see the frustration of not being able to do what a team wants to do. Good coaching as well.