Way too early 1A favorites 2022-2023

Mottomotto

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

def not Peabody

I would not count them out just yet. They have played terrible up until this point, but 3 of their starters are just now back from football. They played in some all star games for football and they have yet to play a game with the team they thought they would have since Kee got hurt. Once everybody is back and on the same page you never know. But, I would agree from what they have put on the floor so far, they have been terrible. They have a month to figure it out, we will see if they do. 

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

def not Peabody

Last week they played Crockett very competitively, and lost by 6. The next night Peabody was hanging with Dyersburg until the fourth quarter and just simply ran out of gas and Dyersburg blew the game open. To open up district they went to Lake County and won by over 20. Some of these seniors at Peabody know what it takes to win and there is definitely a feeling out process having a new coach guiding them. 

On 1/13/2023 at 2:34 PM, thunderbolts said:

Last week they played Crockett very competitively, and lost by 6. The next night Peabody was hanging with Dyersburg until the fourth quarter and just simply ran out of gas and Dyersburg blew the game open. To open up district they went to Lake County and won by over 20. Some of these seniors at Peabody know what it takes to win and there is definitely a feeling out process having a new coach guiding them. 

If they have 3 starters that haven't played all year then they will be much better. Didn't know they were missing 3 starters. I knew Kee was out but didn't know about the other 2. Still... They got a uphill battle to get back to state. 

6 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If they have 3 starters that haven't played all year then they will be much better. Didn't know they were missing 3 starters. I knew Kee was out but didn't know about the other 2. Still... They got a uphill battle to get back to state. 

No doubt they do, but starting 3-0 in district with a big win over Humboldt last night definitely is putting them in a better position than a few weeks ago. Friday night they play Middleton at home with both teams undefeated in district. That game will provide the winner the inside track to the number 1 seed in the district tournament. We will see how it all plays out.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ballout said:

14-4 record. They are proving to be a good team. When everything is clicking they can play. 

Clay County still the big dawg in this area as they beat Gordonsville in Gordonsville. Clay should once again make a deep run come tourney time. Has anyone been watching Clay County’s Tyreke Key start for the 9th ranked UT Vols this year??

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County still the big dawg in this area as they beat Gordonsville in Gordonsville. Clay should once again make a deep run come tourney time. Has anyone been watching Clay County’s Tyreke Key start for the 9th ranked UT Vols this year??

Yes. I have enjoyed watching Tyreke play for the Vols this year. I also wouldn't be surprised again this year if the Hampton Bulldogs and the Clay County Bulldogs meet up again at state. :thumb:

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

Yes. I have enjoyed watching Tyreke play for the Vols this year. I also wouldn't be surprised again this year if the Hampton Bulldogs and the Clay County Bulldogs meet up again at state. :thumb:

Dog Truth you’re something else bro. 
You need to worrying about those Mtn Girls tomorrow night. They may have a different opinion. Jus sayin 

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Big dawg they want, big dawg they get. 

On 1/13/2023 at 2:34 PM, thunderbolts said:

Everyone beating LC

• 3 weeks later...