2022 Big Ones Contest

CoachT

8 minutes ago, FireFistAce said:

I'm hoping a few above me go for broke. Maybe I can gain a couple more spots before the regular season ends. 

Those in the top 10 aren’t there by mistake! I need about 7 people above me to fat finger a pick or forget to pick any Friday Games for me to get into the top 20! :D

5 minutes ago, Wildcard1 said:

Those in the top 10 aren’t there by mistake! I need about 7 people above me to fat finger a pick or forget to pick any Friday Games for me to get into the top 20! :D

Familiar names in the top 10.   It's hard to finish that high up.  It's a sweet balance of skill with a dash of luck. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

ST,  I say leave it as it is.  Yeah, I took Pearl Cohn and I believe that everyone that wanted to vote did vote.

I looked at the total overall votes that were cast.  The only game that got more total votes cast was the Anderson County/Gibbs game at 133. The Marshall County/Pearl game had 130 cast.

Everybody that could vote and wanted to vote did vote!!!

Ace,  I'm sorry I made a fuss in the middle of your Big Ones contest party.

600px-FG-rifle%3F.jpg

Week 8 results:

Thursday: 5-3

Friday: 9-3

Total: 14-6

*Dawgs: 1-0   (Gatlinburg-Pittman**)

Games <8:   1-3 <_<

Placement: 13 (+4)

Games back: 8 (-2)

Analysis:  Not a great week by any stretch of the imagination.  70% pick rate this week wasn't shabby but that's not nearly good enough to reel in @orangecrush as they went 16-4 or @FBGIRL @Swipes , @BigBambinos21 & @rabbitranch the 15-5 group.

I would have liked the Marshall Co/Pearl Cohn* game to have counted,  as Pearl was my other dawg, but that game was moved from Friday to Thursday,  so @CoachT made the right call in removing it from the contest. 

The biggest mover this week of the contest that I noticed was @VolFBRatings who went 18-2 moving up from 51 to 21st place. 

Also it looks like @toinemac our leader early on in this contest must have found some of those nanner peels I left lying about and slipped on one, bumped that noggin' and forgot to make a majority of their picks this week, falling from 6 to 54th. Sorry bout that tony.

** Sorry bout that @pujo.  I didn't root against your boys, I just took a chance in trying to sneak up on you.  

@dogtruth we are side by side now, so, tag, you're it.  ;-)

I've got my sight set on those with 113.  I'm coming for ya!!  Watch out for those nanner peels.  :popcorneater:

Good Luck

3 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

Week 8 results:

Thursday: 5-3

Friday: 9-3

Total: 14-6

*Dawgs: 1-0   (Gatlinburg-Pittman**)

Games <8:   1-3 <_<

Placement: 13 (+4)

Games back: 8 (-2)

Analysis:  Not a great week by any stretch of the imagination.  70% pick rate this week wasn't shabby but that's not nearly good enough to reel in @orangecrush as they went 16-4 or @FBGIRL @Swipes , @BigBambinos21 & @rabbitranch the 15-5 group.

I would have liked the Marshall Co/Pearl Cohn* game to have counted,  as Pearl was my other dawg, but that game was moved from Friday to Thursday,  so @CoachT made the right call in removing it from the contest. 

The biggest mover this week of the contest that I noticed was @VolFBRatings who went 18-2 moving up from 51 to 21st place. 

Also it looks like @toinemac our leader early on in this contest must have found some of those nanner peels I left lying about and slipped on one, bumped that noggin' and forgot to make a majority of their picks this week, falling from 6 to 54th. Sorry bout that tony.

** Sorry bout that @pujo.  I didn't root against your boys, I just took a chance in trying to sneak up on you.  

@dogtruth we are side by side now, so, tag, you're it.  ;-)

I've got my sight set on those with 113.  I'm coming for ya!!  Watch out for those nanner peels.  :popcorneater:

Good Luck

I would have liked to have counted the Pearl game too, that was also one of my dogs.