South Greene High School 520

Forrest High School 530
Harpeth High School 533
Milan High School 533

Sheffield High School 540

@BroadwayBarberShop

On 10/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, PantherPride2022 said:

Southtowner and others.
Help me out.  What new schools will be added for football?

Well, off the top of my head there's:

Chattanooga Prep

Eagleton

Jackson Central 

Lakeland Prep

RePublic?   

Pickett County was part of the 2020 breakdown but didn't partake in any games in 2020 & only 2 non region games this year.

I think there's a couple more.

I counted 299 DI football playing schools. I could be off by a couple & that's important as DI classes will be divided equally as possible. 

I posed a couple questions to the one person that should know this above anyone else.  I'm hoping they will respond.

Edited by Southtowner
I'm the editor

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'd like to see a hard count or cutoff for Single A around 300 to no more than 350.Then go from there with the bigger schools and make it work.Gleason doesn't have many students  to choose a team and it's difficult going against teams with 400 students.

I agree.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree.

A hard cut off makes it easy to “manage” enrollment to stay 1A. Honestly what teams are or around 400 do y’all play that you’re not competitive with? 1A is consistently stating they’re competitive with 2A and overall I agree. 

Edited by crow

7 minutes ago, crow said:

A hard cut off makes it easy to “manage” enrollment to stay 1A. Honestly what teams are or around 400 do y’all play that you’re not competitive with? 1A is consistently stating they’re competitive with 2A and overall I agree. 

Good post.

There's not much difference between the 350 hard count and the 371 I think will be the top of class 1A.

Gleason is very small as are a couple others. But surely a whole class can't be defined by just 1 or 2 schools.

32 minutes ago, crow said:

Dont ask me that right now we just got shut out and beat by 21 at OS.I see your point and I'm not making it on our behalf only but also for some of the smaller 1A teams.I really think it's hard to ask 200 and under enrollment schools to compete on an every year basis with 400.Your talking hypothetically 100 or less boys compared to 200.Thats HUGE for us and others like us.We are just fortunate enough to have a great youth program and we do turn out pretty good athletes compared to some small schools.

15 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Dont ask me that right now we just got shut out and beat by 21 at OS.I see your point and I'm not making it on our behalf only but also for some of the smaller 1A teams.I really think it's hard to ask 200 and under enrollment schools to compete on an every year basis with 400.Your talking hypothetically 100 or less boys compared to 200.Thats HUGE for us and others like us.We are just fortunate enough to have a great youth program and we do turn out pretty good athletes compared to some small schools.

Ups and downs brother. You’ve been through it before and bounced back. Not all that long ago 1-9 or 3-7 seasons happened. They’ll happen to us all again. Granted y’all had gotten a higher than the usual highs and fell harder than a usual fall. We both know that’s mostly do to going from a Lambo to a pinto at HC. I just can’t see keeping an entire classification to 20-25 schools and having the others at 55-60 schools to make up the difference. Not necessarily you all or coalfield or the like but maybe TSSAA needs to look into a 7 or 8 man system as an option for those that either can’t or don’t wish to participate in 11 man? Maybe that could be an option. Besides can you imagine the absolute crap games that would come from a 200-250 cutoff for 1A! Especially in the early rounds of the playoffs. Not to mention the travel statewide would be insane. 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Ups and downs brother. You’ve been through it before and bounced back. Not all that long ago 1-9 or 3-7 seasons happened. They’ll happen to us all again. Granted y’all had gotten a higher than the usual highs and fell harder than a usual fall. We both know that’s mostly do to going from a Lambo to a pinto at HC. I just can’t see keeping an entire classification to 20-25 schools and having the others at 55-60 schools to make up the difference. Not necessarily you all or coalfield or the like but maybe TSSAA needs to look into a 7 or 8 man system as an option for those that either can’t or don’t wish to participate in 11 man? Maybe that could be an option. Besides can you imagine the absolute crap games that would come from a 200-250 cutoff for 1A! Especially in the early rounds of the playoffs. Not to mention the travel statewide would be insane. 

No it would have to be 300/370 in my opinion.400 no!