Enrollment Numbers

Continue to permit all Schools to choose to play up in classification. Elizabethton got robbed of a couple of State Titles or at the very least a Silver Ball when they dropped into 3A about 10yrs ago. Losing in the Semi’s to either CAK or the Knoxville area All Star team from Alcoa. Apparently the Admin assumed they’d be better off playing schools their size. I may be wrong but i believe they hold a record in Semi Losses to the eventual State Champion. 5 or 6x i believe. Would have been a great decision except for the aforementioned schools. TSSAA fixed the issue by placing CAK where they belonged In Private Class. Someone at the TSSAA needs to figure out what the heck Alcoa is doing to cheat. I refuse to believe that a school with 600 Kids is arguably one of the best teams EVERY YEAR regardless of classification. . They beat Maryville this year by 2 TD’s WTF is going on there? There’s just No Way based on the law of averages and their enrollment numbers that they’re not doing something illegal. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Continue to permit all Schools to choose to play up in classification. Elizabethton got robbed of a couple of State Titles or at the very least a Silver Ball when they dropped into 3A about 10yrs ago. Losing in the Semi’s to either CAK or the Knoxville area All Star team from Alcoa. Apparently the Admin assumed they’d be better off playing schools their size. I may be wrong but i believe they hold a record in Semi Losses to the eventual State Champion. 5 or 6x i believe. Would have been a great decision except for the aforementioned schools. TSSAA fixed the issue by placing CAK where they belonged In Private Class. Someone at the TSSAA needs to figure out what the heck Alcoa is doing to cheat. I refuse to believe that a school with 600 Kids is arguably one of the best teams EVERY YEAR regardless of classification. . They beat Maryville this year by 2 TD’s WTF is going on there? There’s just No Way based on the law of averages and their enrollment numbers that they’re not doing something illegal. 

Ask @BCsportsfan!The goons can answer better than anyone else plus it's fun to read.Wait for it!!:thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

It’s no secret they get players that transfer in from all over the country to win a championship and get recruited 

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Check the new hires for the Alcoa Aluminum plant if you want to know who is being recruited 

8 hours ago, NigCuppy said:

Check the new hires for the Alcoa Aluminum plant if you want to know who is being recruited 

That’s EXACTLY what I’ve Heard. 
You have an athletic Kid and put in an application at Alcoa Aluminum and you immediately got a job making 26$ an hour. . And move on in to the Football Factory. Can’t the TSSAA see WTF their Doing???

Edited by IPOPU2022

4 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You have an athletic Kid and put in an application at Alcoa Aluminum and you immediately got a job making 26$ an hour. . And move on in to the Football Factory. Can’t the TSSAA see WTF their Doing???

Sure but they can't prove it. Secondly TSSAA is a toothless creature because of this.  
https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/legal/supreme-court-rules-for-tssaa-against-brentwood-academy/article_66455f78-d800-5298-be3e-d6f7f5cdd264.html

6 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

If you legitimately move then there’s no rule being broken. I work in Knoxville at a job where we deal with the public but also track very closely the number of people moving into the area. There are thousands of people each month moving to the Knoxville area from all over the country. If I was one of them and I had a potential division 1 prospect as my son I’d look around and see where he would get the most exposure. I mean if you’re already moving from another part of the country what difference is it in moving to Alcoa vs any other community? I understand the frustration but I honestly do not see any rules being broken. In all truthfulness if your son was the next big star and you were moving to the area would you move to Alcoa or would you look at a different area school? People have been making this claim for years and all it takes is a single phone call to TSSAA with a single example that’s credible and an investigation will be conducted. So far no one has been able to do that. 

Edited by crow
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, crow said:

If you legitimately move then there’s no rule being broken. I work in Knoxville at a job where we deal with the public but also track very closely the number of people moving into the area. There are thousands of people each month moving to the Knoxville area from all over the country. If I was one of them and I had a potential division 1 prospect as my son I’d look around and see where he would get the most exposure. I mean if you’re already moving from another part of the country what difference is it in moving to Alcoa vs any other community? I understand the frustration but I honestly do not see any rules being broken. In all truthfulness if your son was the next big star and you were moving to the area would you move to Alcoa or would you look at a different area school? People have been making this claim for years and all it takes is a single phone call to TSSAA with a single example that’s credible and an investigation will be conducted. So far no one has been able to do that. 

Agreed and maybe to a lesser extent but they were just featured in the docu-series last year that got them national exposure too. Parents see that and want their kid(s) to go there because they want to be apart of that winning program. 

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Upvote 1