Pre season 2A favorites

horse

11 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

You're right he will be a 7th grader this year. I don't know what I was thinking. Heck I saw the kid play 3 times last year. Throws the deep ball better than most.high school.quarterbacks right now. 5 star talent

I think we can all agree we hope Coach Simpson gets a new head coaching gig far away, so that we dont have Simpson at the reigns of QB at Westview in a few years! HAHA

22 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

I believe TC will be down this year. Lost a lot of good seniors and don’t seem to have the talent in the lower classes to replace them. Unless there are some transfers I haven’t heard about. Still have a few good players from last year but they need some more to be a well rounded team.  

in the east, Meigs and Hampton also lost a lot of good players. And Marion and Watertown will need to replace their Qbs, both of whom seemed to make their offenses click.  The team with the most returning talent in the east is Tyner.  Could this be their year?

dont know as much about the west. Some think Huntington will be good. And I think westview will still be strong even after losing Simpson.  They had some good athletes and size and are one of the largest 2A schools having just dropped down from 3A.  

I'm with you on every aspect. Could be a Tyner year in the East.

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

From everything I have read on Twitter and online that ER has already been crowned state champions. In all seriousness, Westy is the team to beat this year with what they have coming back.

You may be right if they can find a way not to shoot themselves in the foot and score points!

Edited by H2Oman
  • Thanks 1

I’m curious (not cynical at all) but do you guys see Hohenwald improving with the new regime? I know I deride them for weak schedules and early playoff exits but, do you guys see them making deeper playoff runs?

I ask because they are usually ranked in the top 10 year in and year out; even at the end of the season when playoffs begin. I think there is tremendous upside to that program but know little about it, really. Can the new coach more out of the kids there to go further? Will that be the holding point and if so, has that been the drawback all along?