Pre season 2A favorites

horse

16 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I’m curious (not cynical at all) but do you guys see Hohenwald improving with the new regime? I know I deride them for weak schedules and early playoff exits but, do you guys see them making deeper playoff runs?

I ask because they are usually ranked in the top 10 year in and year out; even at the end of the season when playoffs begin. I think there is tremendous upside to that program but know little about it, really. Can the new coach more out of the kids there to go further? Will that be the holding point and if so, has that been the drawback all along?

Shut up sissy. 

1 minute ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It’s always the last one that counts the most!

Don’t y’all have some coaching problems over there that you need to spend your time on?

You wouldn’t know which one counts the most… you only have one. And no. Our coaches are fine. Besides it’s much more entertaining trolling you. You can’t help but respond.  Too stupid to know better. 

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I’m curious (not cynical at all) but do you guys see Hohenwald improving with the new regime? I know I deride them for weak schedules and early playoff exits but, do you guys see them making deeper playoff runs?

I ask because they are usually ranked in the top 10 year in and year out; even at the end of the season when playoffs begin. I think there is tremendous upside to that program but know little about it, really. Can the new coach more out of the kids there to go further? Will that be the holding point and if so, has that been the drawback all along?

I honestly expect it will be difficult to duplicate the success of the program under Sharpe. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, biggest said:

Football must be around the corner because @Sidelinehustler acting like he's got a clue & them poor westy boys are believing in themselves again! Somebody talk @JohnDutton & Rtd off the ledge...

You right. I’m pretty clueless about most things, but I have a pretty good record predicting quarter final games :rolleyes:

Edited by Sidelinehustler

8 hours ago, SmallTownSportsGuy said:

Seems to be pretty wide open this year in 2A. I guess if I had to pick, I'd lean towards a West Tennessee school winning it all. Meigs County should be a factor and Hampton is traditionally strong, but you can't dismiss Trousdale or even Watertown. 

Well your darn tootin that Meigs will have a thing or 2 to say about it. We got that ole ball coach Fitzgerald. He’s just really really nice. He’s coaching the line this year. Them boys will spit fire this year. Big ole Landon and big ole Joe is gonna rip some head off this year. 
 That ole Purgerson boy is quick as lightning. Mean as junkyard dog. Then 
at linebacker you got that tank of a machine ole #12 that Pendergrass boy. He’s sumin else. Keeps me ah whooping and ah hollarin the whole game the way he plays. And the big news. The secret weapon. That Meadows kid is gonna be a steak of lightening. Very excited to hear he’s playing now. Our defense will be solid. As good as any around.
 On offense we will be fine. Meadows at qb is like a greased pig. Can’t catch him in a phone booth. At running back ole Pendergrass will be like tackling a wild boar. And of O’le TY is healthy we will be setting purty. Ole Fitz will have that line on tip top shape you can bet your bottom dollar! 
 The media ain’t giving us a chance. Even though last year Tyner couldn’t handle us and Bledsoe just flat run and hid, and even though we violated Marion at their place they saying our boys ain’t no count. That’s already been around the locker room. These boys are out to prove themselves this year.  Gonna go get their respect. You folks better know these boys will get off the bus and be open for business every game this year. 

2 hours ago, biggest said:

Football must be around the corner because @Sidelinehustler acting like he's got a clue & them poor westy boys are believing in themselves again! Somebody talk @JohnDutton & Rtd off the ledge...

I'm prepared for this TC will be down for 2-3 years. I hope I'm wrong but based on the talent or will take Blake Satt's best coaching job just to have a 5-5 season for the next few years. I also think aw will have a new HC in the next few years. I think B Satt will step away from coaxing in a season or two. 

5 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

Well your darn tootin that Meigs will have a thing or 2 to say about it. We got that ole ball coach Fitzgerald. He’s just really really nice. He’s coaching the line this year. Them boys will spit fire this year. Big ole Landon and big ole Joe is gonna rip some head off this year. 
 That ole Purgerson boy is quick as lightning. Mean as junkyard dog. Then 
at linebacker you got that tank of a machine ole #12 that Pendergrass boy. He’s sumin else. Keeps me ah whooping and ah hollarin the whole game the way he plays. And the big news. The secret weapon. That Meadows kid is gonna be a steak of lightening. Very excited to hear he’s playing now. Our defense will be solid. As good as any around.
 On offense we will be fine. Meadows at qb is like a greased pig. Can’t catch him in a phone booth. At running back ole Pendergrass will be like tackling a wild boar. And of O’le TY is healthy we will be setting purty. Ole Fitz will have that line on tip top shape you can bet your bottom dollar! 
 The media ain’t giving us a chance. Even though last year Tyner couldn’t handle us and Bledsoe just flat run and hid, and even though we violated Marion at their place they saying our boys ain’t no count. That’s already been around the locker room. These boys are out to prove themselves this year.  Gonna go get their respect. You folks better know these boys will get off the bus and be open for business every game this year. 

Well that got real and quick lol.