Any news on how the TSSAA vote went today?

Pirate2003

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think I learned the difference between the words ethic and epic at public elementary school somewhere around the 3rd grade.

Let me demonstrate the correct usage:

1)The students and athletes at Cloudland High School regularly demonstrate a great work ethic.

2)With apologies to Tolstoy, in length, pujo's posts remind me of that great war epic, War and Peace.

That wasn't so difficult, was it?

I am referring to the private schools work "epic" as being above and beyond what the public schools can muster. If you'll look in Websters, one of the definitions of the word "epic" is extending beyond the usual size or scope, which is what I am referring to. The word "ethic" refers to a set of moral principles or values. It could also mean the way a system or group conducts itself, but in the sense I am talking about the word "epic" is more appropriate. I didn't realize my grammer was so critical. :(

[Edited by pujo on 12-7-02 3:25P]

You will have to take up the ethic, epic debate with Mrs Pujo. I was in favor of ethic myself. Her education, as far as books goes, far exceeds mine. You are the one who is wrong about the public and private debate. If we are on a level playing field, how do you explain all the lopsided victories in all the 1a and 2a championships lately. We'll see who the majority thinks is right when the SPLIT comes. HOORAY FOR THE SPLIT. You are extremely biased and overlook the evidence. If I were a judge in this case, I would say by an overwhelming preponderance of evidence I find the private schools guilty as charged. Did unlawfully and willfully and feloniously, steal take and carry away said trophies. Life sentence in your own private league.

I've never researched it, but are the magnet schools winning at even near the same rate as the privates? I kinda doubt if they are or somebody would be pitching a fit about them as well. I know we have no problem with them as of yet. It may happen, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I want to congratulate Hillsboro...the public school champion of 4A. Way to go guys! It`s awfully hard to beat(and who could expect you to) a team that recruits kids from all over and in the last 6 years has 1 silver ball and 4 gold ones. That`s ok Boro`s...we know who the real public champ is. At least we know you guys play by the rules. Wait till 2005 and will get rid of those who play by different rules. Frankly I`m sick of seeing teams like Hillsboro being forced to play against teams that cheat....er um I mean play by a different set of rules. I hope Maryville is real proud of that trophy they stole tonight. That gold looks a little tarnished to me.

VG ;)

(hey this whining stuff is pretty fun...no wonder you guys do it all the time..LOL :D )

VG,

I'm going to have to give you a good mark for that one. Half a mark for humor value, the other half because the man who started all this mess saw his 5A team get beat today. Maybe he was barking down the wrong tree, his problem is with Brentwood rather than Private Schools.

Let's play safe, brentwood is a wealthy area, let's make them play in Div II also.

[Edited by OnlineLC on 12-7-02 9:52P]