South Pittsburg declines Marion

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Seems like y'all don't want to play because you think you might lose. Just what it seems from the outside looking in. 

Then why would they schedule Oakland, Red Bank & CCS? I don’t see South Pitt being scared to play anybody in regards to losing. Marion hasn’t been good in a while. I do think they have the talent to be this year but hasn’t showed it yet. Anyone that’s schedules Oakland is clearly not scared of losing. I’m just keeping it real

4 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Pirates don't have the athletes like last year but should cakewalk into Chattanooga. 1A in the east is very weak. Gordy was supposed to be a challenge last year and it wasn't even close. They seem to be a little overrated every year. If SP isn't playing for a title in December I would be shocked. 

Gordonsville beat Watertown last year who beat Marion and  Trousdale. They had a solid team. South Pitt just hit another gear in playoffs. Now Gville has Stephen Jackson the former DC from Oakland. There will be nothing overrated about them this year. With what they have back this year as well as what Marion has coming back and a new coach. It’s put up or shut up time for both programs. I’m just keeping it real

4 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Pirates don't have the athletes like last year but should cakewalk into Chattanooga. 1A in the east is very weak. Gordy was supposed to be a challenge last year and it wasn't even close. They seem to be a little overrated every year. If SP isn't playing for a title in December I would be shocked. 

Looks like to me those G men have most every starter returning. How many does Pitt have? Someone said we have 4 total. No idea how accurate it is. Can someone tell us how many are returning for Pitt. I believe Pitt will be one of the top 2 teams in the east  and a top 5 team in the state. They definitely defied all the odds last year and pulled a rabbit out of the hat. 

7 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Then why would they schedule Oakland, Red Bank & CCS? I don’t see South Pitt being scared to play anybody in regards to losing. Marion hasn’t been good in a while. I do think they have the talent to be this year but hasn’t showed it yet. Anyone that’s schedules Oakland is clearly not scared of losing. I’m just keeping it real

Scared our coach clean outta the country. 

I ain't jokin either 

7 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Gordonsville beat Watertown last year who beat Marion and  Trousdale. They had a solid team. South Pitt just hit another gear in playoffs. Now Gville has Stephen Jackson the former DC from Oakland. There will be nothing overrated about them this year. With what they have back this year as well as what Marion has coming back and a new coach. It’s put up or shut up time for both programs. I’m just keeping it real

Let's just see around playoff time. Gordy and Tyner both will underachieve. 

Just keeping it real

14 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

That's a very fair point but when you also see people saying things like "SP has nothing to gain by playing" or "Marion is a much bigger school than SP" It's just like...come on. 

• Like 1

This group of Pirates will be young with a bunch of first time starters but don't underestimate that, most have seen significant playing time. As usual, skill positions are loaded with talent. The line will develop just as last year. I fully expect another deep run in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1