Peabody vs Milan Week 1

2 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Congrats to Milan! I will admit my pick was wrong, but again happy for Milan. Hope all those kids that are banged up have speedy recoveries. 

class post.....both teams will be fine...not a region game....just for bragging rights....just glad to get that "5 years in a row"monkey off the table...

If Peabody had run the wildcat from the get-go they could have won this game. I don't know if the Bulldog defense could have withstood that kind of pressure. Milan is very quick and hard to get the edge on but are vulnerable up the gut. I don't believe this Peabody squad has the speed yall have had the last few years. Milan's QB played well and #3 is a very solid runningback. Both teams made bunch of mistakes. Good game but I was not overly impressed with either team.

• Like 1

When you go -3 in the turnovers, you are almost guaranteed not to win when you play a quality opponent. Milan really made Trenton pay for their mistakes, and that is credit to Milan. Peabody was driving in the middle of the 3rd Q, and fumbled the ball inside the 5 yard line. They were running bully ball on them. Milan had no answer for it either. I hate it for London. I know he would love to have that play back, but that's not the way it works. If they score on that drive, and do not have 2 turnovers in the kicking game, I believe Peabody would have won the game. Again, no shade on Milan. If, Milan can clean up the dropped passes game, I believe they would have won the game..... Lots of things to work on and clean up for both squads. I was proud to see thousands of people tuned in and in attendance to watch a high school football game from Gibson county! Both teams represented our county well. 

Congrats Milan. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

When you go -3 in the turnovers, you are almost guaranteed not to win when you play a quality opponent. Milan really made Trenton pay for their mistakes, and that is credit to Milan. Peabody was driving in the middle of the 3rd Q, and fumbled the ball inside the 5 yard line. They were running bully ball on them. Milan had no answer for it either. I hate it for London. I know he would love to have that play back, but that's not the way it works. If they score on that drive, and do not have 2 turnovers in the kicking game, I believe Peabody would have won the game. Again, no shade on Milan. If, Milan can clean up the dropped passes game, I believe they would have won the game..... Lots of things to work on and clean up for both squads. I was proud to see thousands of people tuned in and in attendance to watch a high school football game from Gibson county! Both teams represented our county well. 

Congrats Milan. 

I actually was on the fence in the end zone and the Milan crowd was more like the old Milan. Man they were loud and into it. Was good to see that. They are a big time program and hopefully they will get settled in with coaches etc….Peabody will be a very tough out down the road. They are very talented. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Peabody’s weakness is their Kicking Game. Other than that they will be really tough by years end if they stay healthy. May win it all. Prayers to both QB’s for Peabody to heal. Congratulations BPM!! I didn’t message you because I didn’t get there until start of 2nd Quarter. Milan’s QB can sure throw it Milan has a nice team. Both teams are great West TN teams. Great atmosphere!!!

They going to have to get better in secondary.Its early but they were burned several times.Number 3 for both teams looked good.Trenton can't afford to have Driggers run and get hurt.#3 runs hard but a good defensive team will or should shut then down if #3 just runs up the middle and left and right.Thought Milan would done better when he was the qb knowing he was going to run.Cant say anything until I see LC defense.LC will match up size wise with Trenton.May be wrong but hoping LC can throw against them.Deep,underneath and screens.But as far as tonight's game.Two good teams.Still think Driggers will be the key to Trenton.

I'm very proud of this Peabody team. They played with a lot of heart tonight.  Playing without 2qbs.  The refs did not cost us the game but they allowed Milan to hold all night.  If the fans see it, the refs see it.  Hats off to a really talented Bulldog team.  Coach Carr has no class.  2yeats ago on that same field, Peabody took a knee on the 3 yard line.  Fast forward to tonight.  Peabody no time outs,. Less than 2 minutes and Milan throws the ball.  That was so classless and I promise it will come back and bite You in the a..,.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

They going to have to get better in secondary.Its early but they were burned several times.Number 3 for both teams looked good.Trenton can't afford to have Driggers run and get hurt.#3 runs hard but a good defensive team will or should shut then down if #3 just runs up the middle and left and right.Thought Milan would done better when he was the qb knowing he was going to run.Cant say anything until I see LC defense.LC will match up size wise with Trenton.May be wrong but hoping LC can throw against them.Deep,underneath and screens.But as far as tonight's game.Two good teams.Still think Driggers will be the key to Trenton.

Lake County and Peabody will be a war. Do think Peabody’s depth and O Line will be very hard to deal with. But Lake County and their skill players will keep them in games for sure. Good luck tomm. Night.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Lake County and Peabody will be a war. Do think Peabody’s depth and O Line will be very hard to deal with. But Lake County and their skill players will keep them in games for sure. Good luck tomm. Night.

I think their defense can be run on and passed on.Their offensive line is huge but about same size as Lake Co.Depth could be a key.Think Milan qb did a good job but LC qb is quicker and faster.If the line holds up and qb is accurate,I saw a defensive back that LC and Clay should be able to take advantage .But until I see the defense,can't say too much about LC.Mullins is quick,Chamberlain ,a sopp is shifty,qb is pretty quick.Once Day Day gets back should help everyone.Still think Trentons season depends on Driggers.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Could have 3 starters out including probably best and one of biggest lineman,about 6'4 300 lbs.Not sure yet.I know another starting lineman is out along with Day Day.

16 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

I'm very proud of this Peabody team. They played with a lot of heart tonight.  Playing without 2qbs.  The refs did not cost us the game but they allowed Milan to hold all night.  If the fans see it, the refs see it.  Hats off to a really talented Bulldog team.  Coach Carr has no class.  2yeats ago on that same field, Peabody took a knee on the 3 yard line.  Fast forward to tonight.  Peabody no time outs,. Less than 2 minutes and Milan throws the ball.  That was so classless and I promise it will come back and bite You in the a..,.

I thought for first game,two good teams.Played hard.