Powell Panthers vs AC Mavericks

Mave4life8519

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep. That's what I have been told, as well. Just didn't want to "broadcast" it yet. 

Really changes things in 5A. I truly hate it for the kid, but I was expecting Powell to repeat. After hearing this news, not so much. It’s impossible to replace a player of his caliber and not feel the negative reverberations from it, in a big way.

Edited by SweetScience

Best of The Very Best to a well coached Powell Team!

To the Mavs:

Mavs have still yet some things to clean up on the OL QB protection. They had to resort to gaurented plays; but doable. But overall B+

Defense was like night and day from last year A major improvement in secondary but who knows now Potts was injured. The Defensive line rush on Potts tonight was Super! Not so much on stooksbury. So the Defense Coach gets an A- best rating I have ever given on Defense. Hats Off!!

The athletic ability to return an interception around 45 yards (Pic 6) against Powell Defense and score is Exceptionly Great!

The kicker and punter show very good consistency for the long run.  

It's unbelievably hard to try and Give credit to players. There are so many names...players...too hard. It would be easier if we had some bad players so I could single out....HAHA lol...but I can't...dang it!!

Mavs Keep it Going! This is ONLY the first Win!!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

56 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC did not get a lot of Love in this game from either side of the posing Which if you post much is unusual. But didn't expect it, much less. Unusually KnoxVill gave some much Love unexpected nonetheless it was positive. But seriously good luck to the Panthers and they should recover and do very well.

Hope the Plow qb1 the best possible outcome. Congrats to the Mavs. Are you still in Seattle puffin cross the river on that ferry boat?  

Edited by oridgecat

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

JJ has improved tremendously as a linebacker, which is where he projects at the next level. So I think for him, some of that is just because he's focused so much more on defense.

9 is another story. Lot of chatter out there regarding his work ethic, and rightly so. Incredible potential though, if he ever decides to take it to the next level.

9 should focus on defense to i think on the next level he would be a better CB 

2 hours ago, 2011Class said:

9 should focus on defense to i think on the next level he would be a better CB 

We seen this before from Powell, slow start then AC can’t stop them. Lucky for AC Powell was A different team after Potts and the RB went down. Looks like losing Josh Jones hurt Powell even with Potts they didn’t look like the previous Powell teams. Offense looked a lot different. 

51 minutes ago, Mave4life8519 said:

We seen this before from Powell, slow start then AC can’t stop them. Lucky for AC Powell was A different team after Potts and the RB went down. Looks like losing Josh Jones hurt Powell even with Potts they didn’t look like the previous Powell teams. Offense looked a lot different. 

I'm not exactly sure how anyone can draw that conclusion after what happened in the middle of the first qtr in week 1. Heck, look at what happened to AC in the middle of last season after Martinez got injured.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HTV said:

Lots of rumors on Potts out there tonight. Been told he'll be evaluated tomorrow,  but it's more than just a ding. 

Hate it for him. Hesa really good kid and a tremendous high school QB. 

I hate this so bad for him . his family and the Powell Fans. Just watching his high light films gives you chills how good he is. Will be praying for quick recovery of any possible injury. Also sorry I made you mad about the Haslam's and how Jim was a direct influence in your life. I just don't care for Jimmy is my main issue there being the CEO and not knowing what goes on in his company.

• Like 1