Mountun Ears att the Littull Fellurs

STARSNBARS

14 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Spank, Ive been watching REBEL football for 22 yrs and have had 4 sons play all the wY through. What they and their fellow REBELS achieved has been nothing short of miraculous. The pontificators believe that 14-1 or 13-1 is a losing season. MARYVILLE will always be the team to beat regardless of who won the state the season before because thats just how thick the mojo is and brother the pipeline is full.  It does appear sometimes that some MARYVILLE fans secretly want them to lose.  Ive never understood it. 

I think Maryville fans are spoiled bigtime.  I remember 22 years ago Maryville losing to Heritage 28 0. Bad thing was Heritage let up. They could have scored more.  Complaining about a 45 7 win when Maryville is up 38 0 halftime sounds crazy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I think Maryville fans are spoiled bigtime.  I remember 22 years ago Maryville losing to Heritage 28 0. Bad thing was Heritage let up. They could have scored more.  Complaining about a 45 7 win when Maryville is up 38 0 halftime sounds crazy.

4 minutes ago, mhs said:

Some things to clean up that are very fixable. But if you win 45-7 on what some feel was a "bad" day you must have some things going for you. 

When your playing one of the worst teams in the state in 5A 45-7 is a reasonable outcome the way Maryville won't let the score get out of hand. There are some things to clean up for sure but have no doubts they will. I'm sure it's hard for kids to get thrilled and worked up for a team like Heritage. Things have changed over the past twenty years and I feel it has to do with the setup of how these teams are broken up. The strong have gotten stronger and the weak have fallen off the map and it's so predictable that you know no matter how many you win you dang sure know who that 1 is when your 13-1. This is nothing bad on Maryville but the way it is. Oakland has 600 more kids than Maryville. That spread is the difference between being in 1A and 4 A which is a big difference. Maryville has grown like a crazy the past 20 years and put us in this situation with Oakland or how the thing is broken up. For all the growth we have had it has rarely brought in the percent of new players as it has just students or dead weight is what I call it running up the numbers. Even noticed the band Friday Night isn't no bigger than it was when I went there and the school only had 450 students.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, camppack said:

First play of Osovet era...touchdown Maryville. Left when the score hit 35-0 with time left in the first half. Maryville made lots of mistakes but it didn’t much matter. Virtually no offense from Heritage.

Heritage took a time out so Osovet could argue with refs. Also had a sideline warning. He needs to learn the officiating community in Blount County is tight knit and you don’t want to piss them off. 

Especially that group of Maryville haters lead by Talbot

Yet another coaching announcement has happened for the Mountaineers.  I wonder where all these jobs and ways to pay these coaches are coming about. It's interesting how there wasn't 'anything we can do' for years with other head coaches. It's sad that it takes wanting to please a former college assistant coach to make changes for the program INSTEAD of wanting to make those changes for the students and athletes involved. 

14 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Yet another coaching announcement has happened for the Mountaineers.  I wonder where all these jobs and ways to pay these coaches are coming about. It's interesting how there wasn't 'anything we can do' for years with other head coaches. It's sad that it takes wanting to please a former college assistant coach to make changes for the program INSTEAD of wanting to make those changes for the students and athletes involved. 

So, are you going to share that announcement?