Westmoreland announcer handcuffed

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Was this the radio announcer for Westmorland who was taken down at Macon when he stepped outside the box during game while on air  or was it the Westmorland PA guy who was off that night who was standing next to his brother who was video taping the game for Westmorland.

There is such a thing as press box decorum which encompasses the pressbox and video filming areas. A few blanks need to be filled in to get a better grasp of the situation

Said announcer had called the first half of the game on the radio and was visiting with his brother in law while watching the game. While yes press box decorum is a "thing" it is almost never enforced, and Macon county has no room to talk, from when I called games for Trousdale County, their sheriff(or should I say ex sheriff) would be hollering and cussing about our kids, like man if you can't handle it get out of the press box. But as far as this said announcer, emotions run high when calling games for teams you love, and it is easy to have outbursts of cheer, but there is nothing legally wrong or unlawful about it. 

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Was this the radio announcer for Westmorland who was taken down at Macon when he stepped outside the box during game while on air  or was it the Westmorland PA guy who was off that night who was standing next to his brother who was video taping the game for Westmorland.

There is such a thing as press box decorum which encompasses the pressbox and video filming areas. A few blanks need to be filled in to get a better grasp of the situation

He was the radio guy who had the right to be where he was due to calling the game on the radio... Stepped outside of the press box for a second and Westmoreland forced a safety, he cheered, and the rest is history.... there's rumors that he "threw punches" "was drunk or high" "was cussing and acting a fool"... Because I know him, and know who he is, I know for a fact he wasn't drunk or high, and speaking to someone who was right on top of the entire incident, after he cheered the cop told him to go to the other side, he told the cop I can watch the game from wherever I want, cop had little man syndrome so he didn't like that too much and decided he was going to show this fan who was boss... After the fan and cop had agreed that the fan would go to the Westmoreland side for the remainder of the game, once they got off the bleachers he was taken to the ground by 3 cops with their knees on him like he just shot the place up, another cop standing guard and then some administration man (principle, or AD not sure). 

45 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

He was the radio guy who had the right to be where he was due to calling the game on the radio... Stepped outside of the press box for a second and Westmoreland forced a safety, he cheered, and the rest is history.... there's rumors that he "threw punches" "was drunk or high" "was cussing and acting a fool"... Because I know him, and know who he is, I know for a fact he wasn't drunk or high, and speaking to someone who was right on top of the entire incident, after he cheered the cop told him to go to the other side, he told the cop I can watch the game from wherever I want, cop had little man syndrome so he didn't like that too much and decided he was going to show this fan who was boss... After the fan and cop had agreed that the fan would go to the Westmoreland side for the remainder of the game, once they got off the bleachers he was taken to the ground by 3 cops with their knees on him like he just shot the place up, another cop standing guard and then some administration man (principle, or AD not sure). 

By the way, if this man had really swung at a cop why didn’t they arrest him? I mean they we’re gonna make him leave for yelling for his kid don’t you think they would’ve took him to jail if he had been fighting? I will tell you my guess. He had done absolutely nothing against the law so they would’ve had an even bigger lawsuit. Witnesses and videos and taped recordings everywhere!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cam615 said:

Said announcer had called the first half of the game on the radio and was visiting with his brother in law while watching the game. While yes press box decorum is a "thing" it is almost never enforced, and Macon county has no room to talk, from when I called games for Trousdale County, their sheriff(or should I say ex sheriff) would be hollering and cussing about our kids, like man if you can't handle it get out of the press box. But as far as this said announcer, emotions run high when calling games for teams you love, and it is easy to have outbursts of cheer, but there is nothing legally wrong or unlawful about it. 

Did John ward ever call a game without emotion?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Did John ward ever call a game without emotion?

Of course John Ward called a game with emotion. What John Ward never did was go down to Florida,  call a game in gatorland, then step outside the pressbox during the game to cheer on UT and then get into a fight with local law enforcement. 

13 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree that 99% of the police officers are good and try to do the right thing. I agree that there are bad cops but that should not reflect on the good cops. The men and women who are cops but their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve their communities. Yes, there are bad cops but there are bad people at every job so should that reflect on all the good people at that job? Anyway if the situation is true then the police officer should be dealt with.

99% is a big stretch. Maybe 75%. I understand it’s a high stress gig and I wouldn’t want it. I’ve grown up in small towns and big cities. You know as well as I do in many of these small towns there are cops that you scratch your head about. Cops that were bullied and picked on when they were younger and now need to assert their power. Ones that had a wild streak “back in school”. Most of these small town police departments are under trained and understaffed. Some just like to look like a big shot in front of everyone’s wives.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Of course John Ward called a game with emotion. What John Ward never did was go down to Florida,  call a game in gatorland, then step outside the pressbox during the game to cheer on UT and then get into a fight with local law enforcement. 

No matter how you try to spin it. It’s not illegal to yell for either team anywhere in the stadium from what I’m told! Matter of fact there was many Macon fans over on the westmoreland side that night as there are every year. 

2 hours ago, Waker said:

99% is a big stretch. Maybe 75%. I understand it’s a high stress gig and I wouldn’t want it. I’ve grown up in small towns and big cities. You know as well as I do in many of these small towns there are cops that you scratch your head about. Cops that were bullied and picked on when they were younger and now need to assert their power. Ones that had a wild streak “back in school”. Most of these small town police departments are under trained and understaffed. Some just like to look like a big shot in front of everyone’s wives.

You have a very valid point and you are right about some of them getting payback. My point is there is alot more good police officers than bad and most try to do their difficult jobs to best of their abilities.

• CoachT locked this topic