Westmoreland announcer handcuffed

17 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Crazy story. 

If he was drunk, cuff him. 
If he wasn't drunk, it's a judgment call.

It's amazing how police, when given a chance to de-escalate, often do the opposite. Throw in that everyone has phones to record this stuff now, could cops be any worse at public relations these days?

Is that for all cops or just the bad ones?

12 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Is that for all cops or just the bad ones?

Lemme answer your question with a question.

(Look at the last 2 years nationally as well as your own personal observance of life. UNLESS you are a cop in which case I would expect you to defend police even if they were 100% in the wrong..)

Is there a difference? And how is a small-time normal person who obeys the law supposed to know? How do you tell a good cop from a terrible one before it's too late? 

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Lemme answer your question with a question.

(Look at the last 2 years nationally as well as your own personal observance of life. UNLESS you are a cop in which case I would expect you to defend police even if they were 100% in the wrong..)

Is there a difference? And how is a small-time normal person who obeys the law supposed to know? How do you tell a good cop from a terrible one before it's too late? 

99 % of law enforcement officers go to work daily with good intentions and do what’s right. The last 2 years have shown so much especially an acceptance of lawlessness and lack of accountability. I truthfully can’t make a decision about the issue being discussed because I wasn’t there. For what is being said here I’d say this situation could have been handled much differently. Having been in this situation before I’d say a simple de-escalation can help matters much better than physical action. For the record I will not support or will not tolerate a bad cop or wrong doing by any LEO. I can’t comment any further on the topic but just always find it concerning how all LEOs are lumped together when something bad happens.  I do respect your opinion and understand your position on the issue. It’s a different world out there these days.

1 hour ago, TipToe421 said:

99 % of law enforcement officers go to work daily with good intentions and do what’s right. The last 2 years have shown so much especially an acceptance of lawlessness and lack of accountability. I truthfully can’t make a decision about the issue being discussed because I wasn’t there. For what is being said here I’d say this situation could have been handled much differently. Having been in this situation before I’d say a simple de-escalation can help matters much better than physical action. For the record I will not support or will not tolerate a bad cop or wrong doing by any LEO. I can’t comment any further on the topic but just always find it concerning how all LEOs are lumped together when something bad happens.  I do respect your opinion and understand your position on the issue. It’s a different world out there these days.

I think 99% of cops being good is a fairy tale. You make some interesting comments. Some of which I agree with. The rioters of 2020 were criminals and wrong.  There are good cops. But not just The Floyd thing. How about cops enforcing tyrannical orders on Covid. Pick your state.  This idea that cops won't follow bad orders is laughable. Same with the military. They are trained not just in the physical, they are indoctrinated that the state is right. We are headed on a course where in 5 years the US military will use force on American citizens. It's the same vibe with cops. Trust is at the lowest it's been since the 1950s.  

Edited by GeneralForrest

3 hours ago, TipToe421 said:

Not being confrontational, but let me make a true statement, then pose a question.

Truth...100% of LEO's swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

Question...was this guy the 1 of 100 who violated a citizen's 1'st amendment right to free speech, or just one of many who feel that their badge gives them dominion over the public?

Just so we understand each other, I respect our laws and the people who enforce them...those who intimidate and bully under the color of law, not so much.

I agree that 99% of the police officers are good and try to do the right thing. I agree that there are bad cops but that should not reflect on the good cops. The men and women who are cops but their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve their communities. Yes, there are bad cops but there are bad people at every job so should that reflect on all the good people at that job? Anyway if the situation is true then the police officer should be dealt with.

58 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree that 99% of the police officers are good and try to do the right thing. I agree that there are bad cops but that should not reflect on the good cops. The men and women who are cops but their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve their communities. Yes, there are bad cops but there are bad people at every job so should that reflect on all the good people at that job? Anyway if the situation is true then the police officer should be dealt with.

Cops can kill people bro.   Don't compare it to an office gig.  

51 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Cops can kill people bro.   Don't compare it to an office gig.  

Very true statement. There difinately problems in our country. The media always shows the bad with the police but never show the good. Narrative has been set for us. I am not going to get into a political debate on a football site but I much rather have the boys  and girls in blue doing their job than a lawless nation. Most people not all but most when they encounter the police are usually committing crimes. Look a prison system and most are in prison for violent crimes such as murder, rape and offense against the elderly and the young. I commend the boys and girls in blue for doing this thankless, underpaid job. Like I said there are bad cops who do terrible things and should be dealt with in a harsh matter but that is a very small number compared to all the police officers in this country. We will just have agree to disagree.

Was this the radio announcer for Westmorland who was taken down at Macon when he stepped outside the box during game while on air  or was it the Westmorland PA guy who was off that night who was standing next to his brother who was video taping the game for Westmorland.

There is such a thing as press box decorum which encompasses the pressbox and video filming areas. A few blanks need to be filled in to get a better grasp of the situation

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Was this the radio announcer for Westmorland who was taken down at Macon when he stepped outside the box during game while on air  or was it the Westmorland PA guy who was off that night who was standing next to his brother who was video taping the game for Westmorland.

There is such a thing as press box decorum which encompasses the pressbox and video filming areas. A few blanks need to be filled in to get a better grasp of the situation

Same cat I believe 

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Press box decorum would fall under auspices of TSSAA unless actual violence is going on.  It isn't up to Barney Fyfe.  What's next, cuffing and stuffing a referee when they don't like the call?

• CoachT locked this topic