Powell / Karns

HTV

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm surprised that he played, especially with their three best WRs out. He didn't throw it much though, and didn't need to. Powell ran it all over Karns. The only reason the game was close was all of the onside kicks that Karns recovered. I lost count, but I think the Beavers had four more possessions than Powell in this game.

I believe Powell only had 3 possessions in the first half.....crazy

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I picked Karns due to the fact Potts would be missing but did play after all. That's a gutsy decision after that injury two weeks before to come back this early. All I can say is the one's from my day that done something like that are all now permanently crippled from it. 

Even with one of the 2 or 3 best players to play at Karns in my memory, Karns is still Karns.  Just not a lot of talent to support Bishop. 

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm surprised with all the recruiting going on now days that Bishop stayed there as to not go somewhere to play with a chance at being on a possible championship team.

Same here. Refreshing, in a way.

I really thought Karns could challenge some of the big dogs this year, but they just don't have much outside of Bishop and Tarwater.

So from what I have seen, they played the defending State Champions to basically a 7 point game at their place but Karns is overrated???? I mean was Karns everyone’s pick to win 5A this year or something because I must’ve missed that thread. It seems to me that some mental mistakes killed them in this game but they fought hard the entire game. They have some other players than just Bishop, so everyone saying that needs to re-examine this team. I’ve been around a fairly long time and in MY OPINION, this year(so far) and definitely last is very different from what people perceive as Karns football. Just saying 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

So from what I have seen, they played the defending State Champions to basically a 7 point game at their place but Karns is overrated???? I mean was Karns everyone’s pick to win 5A this year or something because I must’ve missed that thread. It seems to me that some mental mistakes killed them in this game but they fought hard the entire game. They have some other players than just Bishop, so everyone saying that needs to re-examine this team. I’ve been around a fairly long time and in MY OPINION, this year(so far) and definitely last is very different from what people perceive as Karns football. Just saying 

Cat, the truth is probably somewhere in between, IMO. They've played two doormats and a depleted Powell team that was missing their top 3 WRs. This Karns team will be in the playoffs, but they are behind Powell, OR, and Clinton. Is that an improvement over the Karns teams of old? Absolutely. But this team also has one of the best talents at running back this area has seen in a long time, and a lot of folks thought they'd be even better this year. It's probably too early to say for sure, but I wasn't impressed at all with their defense. Outside of Bishop and Tarwater, they look a lot like typical Karns. That's how much of a difference those guys (specially Bishop) make.

6 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Cat, the truth is probably somewhere in between, IMO. They've played two doormats and a depleted Powell team that was missing their top 3 WRs. This Karns team will be in the playoffs, but they are behind Powell, OR, and Clinton. Is that an improvement over the Karns teams of old? Absolutely. But this team also has one of the best talents at running back this area has seen in a long time, and a lot of folks thought they'd be even better this year. It's probably too early to say for sure, but I wasn't impressed at all with their defense. Outside of Bishop and Tarwater, they look a lot like typical Karns. That's how much of a difference those guys (specially Bishop) make.

Who is the 3rd receiver that missed the game? Besides #9 and #11 I thought I saw the other senior receivers play ( #22 and #4) Also nice to see #3 back after the hit he took against AC.