F5 comes ovur tha creik two tha littull fellurs

STARSNBARS

42 minutes ago, MLREB said:

He was not born in Maryville, but was a  student of the Maryville school system from 1st until he graduated. So you have to be a life long dyed in the wool from day 1 to be considered a Maryville kid?

BTW ….. there are a couple of posters in this thread that haven’t a clue what they are talking about. Sometimes the information you get from the Hardee’s morning crew should be fact checked 

We definitely need a fact checker because they don't meet at Hardee's anymore or haven't in the last two and a half years.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I love watching them.  Have been in knoxville 10 years or so now and I love HS football.  They're the best coached team ive ever seen just about.  

And I care because I hear this "outsider progressive" crap a lot lately, and I understand some of it, but what I know about maryville is they've benefitted alot from those outsiders.  So saying such nonsense is a bit silly.

I have no problem with new blood, but Maryville is what it is today because of all the “ Rebels for Life” over the last 50 years . Tradition and History goes a long way in sports. This game tonight is part of the tradition and history that have made Maryville and Alcoa 2 of the premier High school football powerhouses in the state of Tennessee. Without each team constantly pushing each other to higher levels of play neither Team would be what they are today. Looking forward to another episode of this Classic Rivalry tonight! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

I have no problem with new blood, but Maryville is what it is today because of all the “ Rebels for Life” over the last 50 years . Tradition and History goes a long way in sports. This game tonight is part of the tradition and history that have made Maryville and Alcoa 2 of the premier High school football powerhouses in the state of Tennessee. Without each team constantly pushing each other to higher levels of play neither Team would be what they are today. Looking forward to another episode of this Classic Rivalry tonight! 

Best Standing Ovation GIFs | Gfycat

Pepvol is right.  When me and my brothers go to a Maryville Rebel Football game. It is almost like going to a class reunion.  There are people that will be there tonight that hasn't missed a game in 20 to 30 years. 

Maryville vs Alcoa High School Football game is really important to both communities.  I went to the Maryville vs Alcoa Junior High game last night at Alcoa.  There were more people there last night than most of the High School games Maryville and Alcoa will play the rest of the season.  Alcoa Grasshopper team plays the Lil Rebs tomorrow.  There will be a good crowd at that game. 

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I thought he was born someplace else, but I know quarles wasnt, and as for past principals I can't think of any you'd want to mention.

I'm just saying, folks in here talking about the maryville mafia, when almost no place other than the nashville suburbs has empraced non-natives more.

Quarles was from Jefferson County, Hammontree was from Greenback, and I think Olive was from Maryville. Those are the 3 coaches who proceeded DH and each put their all into being the HC here regardless of where they grew up.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Quarles was from Jefferson County, Hammontree was from Greenback, and I think Olive was from Maryville. Those are the 3 coaches who proceeded DH and each put their all into being the HC here regardless of where they grew up.

Coach Olive went to Maryville class of '76, coach Story went to Walland class of 64, coach Wilson went to Maryville class of 54.

• Upvote 1