RIVERSIDE @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

23 hours ago, footballover said:

What is the Panthers bread and butter? Everyone knows Huntingdon is going to run run run pass run run run run run run. How many upperclassmen? 

If you want to check out any Riverside games just go to TNL Today on Facebook. Should give you a good idea of what you're up against.

3 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

My early thoughts on this one:

This will be a tough, defensive game I believe. Both offenses can score based on scores I've seen so far this year, but I expect this game to be played 3 yards at a time.

Riverside should be the favorite, but they will have a tough time running on Huntingdon, so that will play into the favor of the Mustangs.

This Huntingdon team isn't as explosive as teams of the past. The offensive line was manhandled by McKenzie. We got beat down by the Rebels. Then a slow start vs South Side before getting it going in the 3rd quarter. We came out firing on all cylinders vs Camden and played our best game of the year so far. Regardless of competition, that level of execution bodes well for the Mustangs moving forward.

Glad we are playing this one in Huntingdon too. Home field advantage is a real thing at Paul Ward Stadium.

With the home field and Huntingdon's propensity for shutting down the run game and then getting after the QB on passing downs, I will pick Huntingdon in a close one here.

I'm gonna go Huntingdon with a score of 27-21.

But those scores could easily be flipped. IMO, this game could show us who will be UC's biggest competition before state.

Great post, but I think RHS can move the ball on them - and win. I agree this will be an indicator of who will go against UC in November. Looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, @38320 said:

Great post, but I think RHS can move the ball on them - and win. I agree this will be an indicator of who will go against UC in November. Looking forward to it. 

12 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

I’ve got a feeling this might be more of a 21-14 or 28-21 games flipped either way. I think both these front 7s have a heck of game ahead of them.

I am very familiar with the Stanks. Seen them 100 times or more in my life. Not as familiar with Riverside. So I watched them play Lexington a couple of weeks ago. If anyone thinks all the Stanks have to do is shut down Riverside’s run game they are sadly mistaken. I was very impressed with Riversides ability to keep Lexingtons defense on their heels by using timely passes not just on passing downs. The play calling was good and that offense had balance. Can’t say the same for Huntingdung. We all know that if you make them have to throw they are in trouble. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I am very familiar with the Stanks. Seen them 100 times or more in my life. Not as familiar with Riverside. So I watched them play Lexington a couple of weeks ago. If anyone thinks all the Stanks have to do is shut down Riverside’s run game they are sadly mistaken. I was very impressed with Riversides ability to keep Lexingtons defense on their heels by using timely passes not just on passing downs. The play calling was good and that offense had balance. Can’t say the same for Huntingdung. We all know that if you make them have to throw they are in trouble. 

Actually the Mustangs play action passing game has been pretty effective this year. We ain't gonna throw on 1st down but our young QB has done a good job picking out secondary recievers.

10 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

My early thoughts on this one:

This will be a tough, defensive game I believe. Both offenses can score based on scores I've seen so far this year, but I expect this game to be played 3 yards at a time.

Riverside should be the favorite, but they will have a tough time running on Huntingdon, so that will play into the favor of the Mustangs.

This Huntingdon team isn't as explosive as teams of the past. The offensive line was manhandled by McKenzie. We got beat down by the Rebels. Then a slow start vs South Side before getting it going in the 3rd quarter. We came out firing on all cylinders vs Camden and played our best game of the year so far. Regardless of competition, that level of execution bodes well for the Mustangs moving forward.

Glad we are playing this one in Huntingdon too. Home field advantage is a real thing at Paul Ward Stadium.

With the home field and Huntingdon's propensity for shutting down the run game and then getting after the QB on passing downs, I will pick Huntingdon in a close one here.

I'm gonna go Huntingdon with a score of 27-21.

But those scores could easily be flipped. IMO, this game could show us who will be UC's biggest competition before state.

I agree, I believe Huntingdon will win the time of possession battle. I do think the Stangs will be tough to run on, while imposing a tough running game of their own. Stangs with a W, by 7-14 points.

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I always like to see what other people think about a ballgame that does not involve their program. I guess, traditionally, Milan knows more about Huntingdon than any other fan base, having been so close, and two great programs. I have a lot of respect for Huntingdon, and they are always hard to beat. But.........................when they lose, they are like Ole Miss fans, they throw little tantrums. Win or lose, Huntingdon is always fun to watch. RHS is bringing a team Friday night. They've been good over the past three-five years, but they are real good this year. It it the best team Frost has had. 

• Upvote 1