Huntingdon Mustangs vs Milan

horse

22 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You should be in the majority. Yall should be the favorites.

I don't care what you say. This is pure sandbagging. Lol. No way Huntingdon should be the favorites this year. You guys have wins over Peabody and Soth Gibson. 

There are only a few things about Milan's schedule that gives me hope for a Mustangs win: 

1) Peabody had a few key players missing that COULD have changed that game

2) In my personal opinion, the jury is still out on impressive the win was vs S Gibson. I think the Hornets still have a bit to prove.

3) I was surprised by the fact that Milan couldn't even be competitive against Haywood.

At the same time, they're still the Bulldogs. And one thing for certain, no matter how up or down each team is in this rivalry, more times than not you're gonna get a competitive, hard fought game.

2 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I don't care what you say. This is pure sandbagging. Lol. No way Huntingdon should be the favorites this year. You guys have wins over Peabody and Soth Gibson. 

There are only a few things about Milan's schedule that gives me hope for a Mustangs win: 

2) In my personal opinion, the jury is still out on impressive the win was vs S Gibson. I think the Hornets still have a bit to prove.

3) I was surprised by the fact that Milan couldn't even be competitive against Haywood.

At the same time, they're still the Bulldogs. And one thing for certain, no matter how up or down each team is in this rivalry, more times than not you're gonna get a competitive, hard fought game.

They kicked a field goal with 1 second left on the clock... that was impressive. Their QB is quite the natural athlete. 

1 minute ago, sportsnutz said:

So to be honest with you Milan is not the same team now that beat Peabody and South Gibson. We were down a couple of starters vs Haywood. We lost a couple more against them cause they are just so physical. Going into a game with one of your biggest rivals being down several starters is a tough situation to be in. When this Milan team is healthy the are really good. But that just simply isn’t the case now. Notice in my weekly West TN poll I have Milan behind Peabody and South Gibson (teams we beat) and even behind your Stanks. At this point we are not a better team than any of those 3. Now can we win tomorrow?  Yes. But it will be a hard fought game. A few weeks ago I would have thought we would have destroyed you guys. Just simply isn’t the case now. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Now can we win tomorrow?  Yes. But it will be a hard fought game. A few weeks ago I would have thought we would have destroyed you guys. Just simply isn’t the case now. 

Now this I 100% agree with. The performance we put on against Mckenzie and then the first half against South Side,  I thought we were dead. But the strides we've made since then coupled with the injuries you guys are dealing with give me hope.