Marion vs Forrest

GeneralForrest

Just now, CoyDillard said:

Forrest could have easily won that game. Like your announcers on your broadcast said "it may come down to who has the ball last." Sometimes the breaks always go against you. It seems the Rockets have that right now. at least against Marion. 

No disagreement. But Forrest had several miracles happen to even be tied late. 

Forrest 

#1 - 4 carries 43 yards

#2 - 21 for138 yds

#3 - 2 for 9 

#5 - 7 for -2

#6 - 11 for 49

#22 - 3 for 16

Marion 

#3- 7 for 2

#4 - 11 for 120

#26- 7 for 111

Congrats to Marion for winning the 2022 Despair Bowl.  Not sure if I need to take the humorous or bitterness approach in the recap. Forrest a school known for hardnosed, gritty defenses has one of the worst units I've seen in person. Three times this season we've made good high school football players look like 5 star All-Americans. It's really unfair for the other Mr. Football Candidates to not get to face this defense. Over and over and over and 9 times for 143 yards we let Marion throw it to #4 at or behind the line with either a single safety 8-10 yards away or a slow linebacker back pedaling away and watched him zig zag down the field.

The Rockets score with 1:27 in the half to make it a 21-20 game and let MC score in their 1-minute drill by not covering #4. The Rockets were tied 35-35 with 35 seconds left and let #4 bust a 79 yd TD run. Up until that point he has 10 carries for 41 yards. MC had a QB who was neither mobile or accurate downfield but we let him throw passes around the backfield to finish 15/24 for 167 yds. That being said this defense held MC to 1 TD for 23:25 of the second half. Our offense had two chances, TWO to pick up 20 yards for a game winning field goal and couldn't get a first down. This was a chance for his first signature win as a head coach and just like against Riverside in 2019 and 2021, against East Robertson last season we can't get it done when it counts at the end of a game. We are killing MC on the ground running base plays all night and the last 6 plays - run left, pass, pass, (punt), run left, reverse to 3rd string 9th grader, desperation across the field heave, Punt. 

55 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'm not taking that as a compliment right now. lol

Don't think he meant for you to. Pretty sure it was said as a "we know how you feel this year" type of statement. I'm hoping this young group of talent can mature in the next couple of years and make a run at the gold. Just not sure that our coaching staff is going to put them in the best position to win or get the most potential out of them. We've had teams have successful seasons in the past with bad coaches, but I would rather have consistency that leads to a championship versus these up and down roller coaster seasons. Good luck to Forrest on the rest of the year. Maybe somebody from Marion has a voodoo doll made for Forrest. @GeneralForrest your comment about the injuries has some truth to it. It is a part of the game unfortunately and it's hit us hard two years in a row. I don't understand the posters from other teams coming in and just brushing off what our posters have said about losing Condra has done to this team. But hey, everybody is an expert here.

3 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Don't think he meant for you to. Pretty sure it was said as a "we know how you feel this year" type of statement. I'm hoping this young group of talent can mature in the next couple of years and make a run at the gold. Just not sure that our coaching staff is going to put them in the best position to win or get the most potential out of them. We've had teams have successful seasons in the past with bad coaches, but I would rather have consistency that leads to a championship versus these up and down roller coaster seasons. Good luck to Forrest on the rest of the year. Maybe somebody from Marion has a voodoo doll made for Forrest. @GeneralForrest your comment about the injuries has some truth to it. It is a part of the game unfortunately and it's hit us hard two years in a row. I don't understand the posters from other teams coming in and just brushing off what our posters have said about losing Condra has done to this team. But hey, everybody is an expert here.

Just like last year when Taye got hurt on the 2nd play of the Meigs game. You could see how it affected the rest of the team and it showed losing 2 of the last 3. Same goes for this year losing Condra. When you have a player that can take over a game by himself and he goes down it takes a lot out of some kids. I won't name any names but I know of a couple playmakers last year that packed it up when Taye went down. Condra was having a heckuva 1st half against Sequatchie when he got hurt. They were already shying away from contact and it would've gotten worse late in the game. The only good thing out of it is that it happened early in the season this year and kids and coaches have time to adjust. This will help them the next couple years. Quite a few senior linemen but there are a bunch of underclassmen in the trenches just as big. Skill players will all be back for another year or two. A lot of difference when you're 14 & 15 playing against 17 & 18 yr olds. Still should finish with a solid year but Tyner will represent the East this year regardless. We'll see how it goes the next couple seasons with our boys getting bigger and more experienced. 

14 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

10 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Just like last year when Taye got hurt on the 2nd play of the Meigs game. You could see how it affected the rest of the team and it showed losing 2 of the last 3. Same goes for this year losing Condra. When you have a player that can take over a game by himself and he goes down it takes a lot out of some kids. I won't name any names but I know of a couple playmakers last year that packed it up when Taye went down. Condra was having a heckuva 1st half against Sequatchie when he got hurt. They were already shying away from contact and it would've gotten worse late in the game. The only good thing out of it is that it happened early in the season this year and kids and coaches have time to adjust. This will help them the next couple years. Quite a few senior linemen but there are a bunch of underclassmen in the trenches just as big. Skill players will all be back for another year or two. A lot of difference when you're 14 & 15 playing against 17 & 18 yr olds. Still should finish with a solid year but Tyner will represent the East this year regardless. We'll see how it goes the next couple seasons with our boys getting bigger and more experienced. 

Really wouldn't shock me to see yall at somepoint make a run. It would be hard to screw it up but the way tyner looked and has looked it's going to be a HUGE task regardless. I'd say this tyner team this year is probably as good 2A east has saw in quiet some time? Thoughts compared to the 3 year run yall made how would ya stack up?

"This was a chance for his first signature win as a head coach and just like against Riverside in 2019 and 2021, against East Robertson last season we can't get it done when it counts at the end of a game. We are killing MC on the ground running base plays all night and the last 6 plays - run left, pass, pass, (punt), run left, reverse to 3rd string 9th grader, desperation across the field heave, Punt."

THIS. Said so much better than my rant.

Personality/charisma- NO
X's and O's- NO
Results- NO

Other than that he's Rockne/Bear/Saban/Lombardi combined @Salem