AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 20 2022

Southtowner

39 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

The west was head and shoulders above the east last year also. How did that work out for the west? The reason they play the game. SP spanked that booty. A three games series would have been different. Maybe

I'll agree to that ... not making excuses but.. kick 2 field goals  when your inside the 30 andnot intercept the ball inside the 20  on 4th down..might not have fumble maybe a little conservative on playing calling . I mean it is what it is we got beat plan and simple. No one remembers runner-up in any sport  speaking of a 3 game series . Fayetteville, trenton,sp. Pretty tough road in my opinion ..and win all 3 was possible but u play 2 teams back to back like trenton and Fayetteville then a week later go play for state championship against another great football team flip east and west playoffs in  21 ....? Who spanks who u tell me?

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

If Fayetteville can handle Red Bank then I'd have to reconsider them as #1.   But not a hands down favorite. 

Agreed. . Unless FC coaches get their act together and have a solid game plan and cut out the stupid play calls and silly penalties  (unlike last week) it could be a long night on the Hill. If so it’ll probably be like last year Red Bank by 3-4 TD’s 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, RexKwonDo said:

not sure you will learn much  from watching them play JCM and Halls I suspect they will rout both of them as well. Only thing there is to go by is MUS handled them pretty well in a scrimmage something like 37-7 but that was MUS so really who knows.

That’s was a J V game . They scrimmage Germantown and Lausanne this summer not MUS!

2 hours ago, Rebels06 said:

I'll agree to that ... not making excuses but.. kick 2 field goals  when your inside the 30 andnot intercept the ball inside the 20  on 4th down..might not have fumble maybe a little conservative on playing calling . I mean it is what it is we got beat plan and simple. No one remembers runner-up in any sport  speaking of a 3 game series . Fayetteville, trenton,sp. Pretty tough road in my opinion ..and win all 3 was possible but u play 2 teams back to back like trenton and Fayetteville then a week later go play for state championship against another great football team flip east and west playoffs in  21 ....? Who spanks who u tell me?

I'm not bad mouthing your team from last year. They were most likely the best team in the state and proved it three out of four games. The only problem was the fourth game was the championship. I'm mainly saying at that stage of the season any team can beat any other team in a single game series. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I'm not bad mouthing your team from last year. They were most likely the best team in the state and proved it three out of four games. The only problem was the fourth game was the championship. I'm mainly saying at that stage of the season any team can beat any other team in a single game series. 

This is correct. Just like the year before when we were heavily favored over Fayetteville and came home with the silver trophy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebels06 said:

You all would have fun up on that frozen field at Cloudland after driving 10 hours to get there. That's just the nature of the beast called the playoffs.  SP has had to run the gauntlet in the past on numerous occasions.  SP ran into TC (six times) and the alphabet schools plenty of times in the 90s and 2000's.  TC and SP were the only 2 public schools that could get through the alphabet schools and occasionally very good TC and SP teams went down by 1 or 2 points.

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1